Welcome to the Grand Strategy expansion. This expansion was created by the community for the community and is completely free to anyone who has Military History Commander Europe at War! This expansion has taken years to produce and thousands of man hours from a dedicated collection of people from artists to programmers, manual writers and layout experts. The end result takes this great game to a whole new level. Note you must have Military History Commander Europe at War v2.10 or later to install the Grand Strategy expansion.
Please note that Grand Strategy 3.0 requires a Commander Europe at War serial number and this means very old versions of CEAW without a serial are not compatible.
Some of the biggest changes are listed here:
- Added graphics images for the Slovak corps.
- Players got a message about Allied aggression when the Axis attacked Holland if the Allies had earlier attacked Belgium. Now they won’t get this message.
- Fixed a bug regarding Russian rail head movement.
- Fixed a vanilla game bug regarding supply level 5 flowing through the Gibraltar port into Africa.
- Changed terrain around Tobruk and Mareth to allow better movement around those hexes.
- Map was altered concerning the congested nature of the Red Sea and Persian Gulf.
- Island of Sardinia the shape was altered with added Rough and Forest hexes.
- Added new icons to show ownership of loops and how many units have entered or present inside the loops.
- Updated the begin turn weather information dialog box to show the weather zones and how they affect land and Sea areas
- Naval movement change
Naval combat expanded
- New ASW rules.
- New Sub rules.
Version 3.00 features a simple player handicap system. When playing HotSeat, PBEM, or TCP/IP games the advantage buttons on the main menu selection screen will allow one player to receive a handicap of additional PP’s per turn while the opponent plays at the ‘Even’ at game values. The PP’s can be increased due to War Effort. Each side can receive extra PP’s per turn depending upon the level selected.
The GS expansion is available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish & Russian.
How to get Grand Strategy 3.00
|Already have PC CEAW v2.10 or greater?||Don't have CEAW for PC|
First uninstall any previous mods
Then download the PC Grand
|Already have Mac CEAW v2.10 or greater?||Don't have CEAW for Mac|
Then download the Mac Grand
Player Aid Manual
DOWNLOAD IT HERE
Changed terrain around Tobruk and Mareth
Changed terrain in Iran, Iraq, and Turkey
Altered terrain in UK
Historical images from the war at turn start