Civil War III

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Gilmer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Civil War III

Post by Gilmer »

Yes, please. This would be great. I would buy immediately as well.
Poorlaggedman
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Poorlaggedman »

I'd also like to see this. It's one of the few strategy games I still play and I regularly recommend it even though it's a little older
Meta Bagel
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Meta Bagel »

I would also like to chime in that I'll be one of the first to pre-order/purchase this game. Civil War II is fantastic!
incbob

Post by incbob »

Where do I send my money?
jsglenn4

Post by jsglenn4 »

Count me in!
BloodandThunderBrigade
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by BloodandThunderBrigade »

Gaining a bit of momentum I see. I hope people are taking notice! :)
caranorn1

Post by caranorn1 »

I'll just copy paste what I wrote on the Ageod forum.

I've been asked to add my support to this idea. Obviously I am in favour of a CW3, though I have some serious doubts about it.

If it were to happen I'd be volunteering as alpha and researcher. But one important note, beyond having to be done on Slitherine's engine as I cannot imagine Athena to get a major overhaul, it will require design and research time to make it a worthy successor. At least a year for the historic research if there are enough people to do the work, after that another half or even full year testing and getting fresh ideas.

So yes, I'd be onboard, but rather sceptic at this time.
Riekopo
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Riekopo »

Grand Tactician Civil War is going to corner the market on Civil War games I think. Now is probably not the best time to make a Civil War III.
BloodandThunderBrigade

Riekopo wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am Grand Tactician Civil War is going to corner the market on Civil War games I think. Now is probably not the best time to make a Civil War III.
On the contrary, I think now is precisely the right time to make CW3. Competition breeds excellence :)
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

A big thumbs up for Civil War III . If it has a beautiful map like ACW1.......... I`ll buy it twice.
Stephenc369

Post by Stephenc369 »

I would definitely be interested in this.
Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Will_L »

Riekopo wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am Grand Tactician Civil War is going to corner the market on Civil War games I think. Now is probably not the best time to make a Civil War III.
It looks interesting and I hope it develops and does well but since it's RTS it won't be in my gaming library.
Oh well. :D
HannyBarca

Post by HannyBarca »

Grand Tactician has some interesting pieces but I dont think it has a consistent feel. Letting armies move in real time takes a lot of structure away.

For those interested in CW3, http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=340&t=53789 is a pretty good mod. It's still beta but it overhauls a lot of the game.

I still hope for the real thing, of course.
BloodandThunderBrigade

HannyBarca wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:57 pm Grand Tactician has some interesting pieces but I dont think it has a consistent feel. Letting armies move in real time takes a lot of structure away.

For those interested in CW3, http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=340&t=53789 is a pretty good mod. It's still beta but it overhauls a lot of the game.

I still hope for the real thing, of course.
We should never give up hope, mate :)
SunnyLeslie

Post by SunnyLeslie »

Will_L wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:39 am
It looks interesting and I hope it develops and does well but since it's RTS it won't be in my gaming library.
Civil War III is one of my husband's favorite games. He's an avid game lover. And I don't mind, because it's better to play the computer than to drink. For him, the best gift or game, or something for the computer. I recently gave him a gaming keyboard. I was lucky to find a keyboard complete with a mouse in the review - this article helped a lot.
Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Will_L »

SunnyLeslie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:59 pm
Civil War III is one of my husband's favorite games. He's an avid game lover. And I don't mind, because it's better to play the computer than to drink. For him, the best gift or game, or something for the computer. I recently gave him a gaming keyboard. I was lucky to find a keyboard complete with a mouse in the review - this article helped a lot.
Nice :D Surely he's getting good use with the new keyboard/mouse. Wish my wife recognized that gaming helps me relax & unwind... he's a lucky guy, hope he returns your support many times over.
SunnyLeslie

Post by SunnyLeslie »

Will_L wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:02 pm
SunnyLeslie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Nice :D Surely he's getting good use with the new keyboard/mouse. Wish my wife recognized that gaming helps me relax & unwind... he's a lucky guy, hope he returns your support many times over.
Thank you for your wishes! We had a difficult period at one time and there were 2 options: to part ways or to start paying more attention to each other. We chose the second option, and in the meantime, for 4 years now everything is fine and even in my thoughts there is no desire to end the relationship. We try to find time for each other in our everyday life, to please with pleasant little things. I'm not saying that this is a universal recipe for happiness, but it helps us.
BattlevonWar_slith

Post by BattlevonWar_slith »

Lets see a Civil War III, on AGEOD Forums there was a pre-existing topic for it that was up for awhile and garnished a bit of support under the Civil War II subject. A lot of us have long sense burned out playing the original 2 titles and are eager for a 3rd! Give us Love!
BloodandThunderBrigade

Hopefully we can get the ball rolling on this... :)
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed »

Having played and thoroughly enjoyed [understatement] Civil War 1 & 2, a brand-spankin' new CivilWar III would be a wonderful gift. The 4 games I have played the most - by far - over the course of time have been Hearts of Iron IV, Order of Battle, and 2 of Ageod's classics, Birth of America [1 & 2] and Civil War [1 & 2]. Bring it on, it's as good as purchased - even as an early release. Please? I'm not getting any younger :-).

Return to “General Discussion”