Carrier Game

Moderator: Slitherine Core

lpgamble
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Carrier Game

Post by lpgamble » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Anyone know a good Carier computer game? Preferably WWII Pacific.

Carriers at War by SSG took to many decisions out of the players hands. I'd like to be able to send out the search planes, chose how to arm the bombers, and when to fly/change out CAP. I'm less concerned about the graphics and more in game play if you can think of an older game.

anguille
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Carrier Game

Post by anguille » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:15 am

lpgamble wrote:Anyone know a good Carier computer game? Preferably WWII Pacific.

Carriers at War by SSG took to many decisions out of the players hands. I'd like to be able to send out the search planes, chose how to arm the bombers, and when to fly/change out CAP. I'm less concerned about the graphics and more in game play if you can think of an older game.
I have Uncommon Valour which is a great game but with a focus on the South theater. I guess, if you have the time, you should check War in the Pacific: Admiral Edition from Matrix (same dev. but with the entire Pacific). At one point i will also get it...it involves a lot of micromanagement so be prepared.

Cheers

lpgamble

Naval Campaigns: Midway

Post by lpgamble » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:45 pm

I wound up ordering HPS's Naval Campaigns : Midway. I'll have to write back after it arrives and I can play around with it a bit.

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/products/N ... idway.html

Return to “General Discussion”