SC 1914-1918

Moderator: Slitherine Core

A7V21
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

SC 1914-1918

Post by A7V21 »

Fellow WWI Finatics,

Has anyone else tried Battlefront's Strategic Command WWI 1914-1918??
It's an interesting game like CTGW, but graphically and strategically, not where I expect CTGW to be at.
Any weekly updates for our greatly anticipated CTGW?

A7V21
hags99
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by hags99 »

Yes, I've spent several days playing SC 1917-1918. I've played Hubert Cater's games for years and I find them entertaining, if kind of clunky. The graphics haven't changed in 12 years either! SC 17-18 seems to be unwinnable from the Axis side further more... I only downloaded it while waiting for CTGW (and waiting and waiting...)
marklv
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: SC 1914-1918

Post by marklv »

A7V21 wrote:Fellow WWI Finatics,

Has anyone else tried Battlefront's Strategic Command WWI 1914-1918??
It's an interesting game like CTGW, but graphically and strategically, not where I expect CTGW to be at.
Any weekly updates for our greatly anticipated CTGW?

A7V21

The SC series of games are completely unplayable garbage. Very amateurish - like going back to the 1990s.
steelwarrior
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by steelwarrior »

I enjoy them - differently then Matrix and Slitherine - but also very nice - tactics and scripts are great - and the Axis side can win - if you just hold the Western line and take out Russia and Serbia with the German troops first - then you can easily overrun the West ;-)

As the Great War and the PC DLCs are producing slowly I play through the SC line one more time ;-)
ivanov
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by ivanov »

I have to say, that I've spent days and days of my life playing the SC2 The Great War system and in my oppinion the game sets the bar really high for the upcoming Commander release. The overall balance of The Great War is very good and it's an incredible fun to play both Central Powers and the Entente. I am really courious what the Slitherine designers will come up with. Honestly thanks to the SC2 I have "rediscovered" the WWI and will definitelly purchase the new game featured here.
Mickey Mouse

\m/ \m/
OmegaMan1
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by OmegaMan1 »

The Strategic Command WW1 game is a very good game (as are all of the SC games), and I recommend it highly. Also good is Matrix Games' "Guns of August" (although that is a somwhat more complicated game).

If you enjoy the Commander series of games from Slitherine (as I do), then CTGW should be a must-buy, as it looks like it will bring the playabilty and challenge of that series to the Great War era. What can I say -- it's a great time to be a WW1 gamer! :)

Return to “General Discussion”