Slitherine Autorun Intro Screen

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Slitherine Autorun Intro Screen

Post by Cablenexus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi, I have a minor but annoying problem with all my Slitherine titles and like to search for a solution. I tried to search the forums but can't find any answer myself.

Every Slitherine title I own before I start a game I get the intro screen with the name of the game and some news flashes on what I can click to read them. I like that. don't understand me wrong. It's advertsing I really want so that's not the problem.

But every time I click any link from within that Slitherine browser/autorun screen the link opened in Internet Explorer or Edge and both browsers I never use.
This is very annoying. It takes a long time to load as I setup my Microsoft browsers as non default browsers. I use Firefox and everything else on my PC opens weblinks in Firefox as I set that browser to my default browser in my system settings.

Why the Slitherine links from the autorun screen always start in Microsft Edge or IE? I don't want that. Can I cange it myself? Is it hardcoded in the autorun.exe? Can Slitehrine change this for their titles so it opens in the browser which I use as my default browser?

Thanks for reading.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Slitherine Autorun Intro Screen

Post by zakblood » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:58 pm

no idea tbh, happens to me also, i use chrome on win 10, but never really thought about it tbh, admin will know and maybe reply

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:07 pm

zakblood_slith wrote:no idea tbh, happens to me also, i use chrome on win 10, but never really thought about it tbh, admin will know and maybe reply
Thank you for the quick respons. It's really annoying because today I received news in one of my titles that Wars of Napoleon finally makes it to Steam. I start very happy to read the news and click the link and my PC start to configure Microsoft Edge. That takes a long time, needs some updates, want to synchronize history and bookmarks, manage my third party apps etc. etc. And my enthiousiasm to read the news is gone and I rage quit the browser ;-)

Btw It happens when I use Chrome as default browser, it happens when I use Firefox as default browser. I'm on Windows 10 64bit as well.

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Hello Cablenexus,

I'm sorry, but this is an issue which we are aware of but unfortunately we cannot fix this. This is caused by the program we use, which unfortunately defaults to open links with Internet Explorer/Edge. We all use Chrome/Firefox in the office, so we wish that this could open in other browsers.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:40 pm

JoeMiller wrote:Hello Cablenexus,

I'm sorry, but this is an issue which we are aware of but unfortunately we cannot fix this. This is caused by the program we use, which unfortunately defaults to open links with Internet Explorer/Edge. We all use Chrome/Firefox in the office, so we wish that this could open in other browsers.
I understand. At least I know it's not some error in my configuration what is good to know.

I understand it's not possible to change this for all your games, but I hope you are able to change it in the future for your new games.
It's not a very big issue at the end.

Btw I found a small workaround in the meantime. When I open my Firefox browser before clicking any of the buttons in the autorun screen it opens in a new Firefox tab instead of MS Edge.
The only thing this isn't working for is the newslink. Anyway thank you for support!

Return to “General Discussion”