Game Interface

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AndySfromVA
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Game Interface

Post by AndySfromVA »

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but one thing I hate is a game with an extremely difficult interface.

Some game producers have the right idea. For instance The Operational Art of War I, which I used to own, is very realistic and fairly complex and has an extremely logical and but somewhat difficult interface with lots of buttons. However TOAW IV, which I recently purchased, has improved the interface and reduced the number of buttons, which makes the game much easier to play and, along with the improved graphics, moves it from very good to great (in my opinion).

On the other hand, there's a new interface being implemented in the excellent games produced by John Tiller which features vastly improves graphics but actually increases the number of buttons to 70!! I've played John's games over the years and was thinking of buying one featuring the new graphics but there's no way I can deal with 70 buttons.
Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Game Interface

Post by Yogi the Great »

AndySfromVA wrote:I don't know if anyone else feels this way but one thing I hate is a game with an extremely difficult interface.

On the other hand, there's a new interface being implemented in the excellent games produced by John Tiller which features vastly improves graphics but actually increases the number of buttons to 70!! I've played John's games over the years and was thinking of buying one featuring the new graphics but there's no way I can deal with 70 buttons.
Agree, but you can change to the classic interface which reduces all those buttons to a more manageable level
AndySfromVA

Re: Game Interface

Post by AndySfromVA »

That's good to know! I have my eye on Antietam.

Return to “General Discussion”