Any point in registering a game here?

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Ajaxpost
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Any point in registering a game here?

Post by Ajaxpost » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi,

new to the Slitherine site (or maybe just forgot the login I had 10 years ago!) and thought I would register my games on my account.

Unfortunately to do so this site require a serial number for them (SPM and Panzer Corps) but I can find no such thing within the game properties on Steam so I can't. :(

So ... is there any actual value in registering my games here and, if there is, any ideas on how I can find my serial numbers?

Cheers.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Any point in registering a game here?

Post by VPaulus » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:00 pm

I'm sorry but you can only register games on a Slitherine/Matrix account if you have purchased them from our stores, as Steam doesn't allow anymore the use of 3rd party keys.
The only way to have the games registered on both accounts is to purchase from our stores and then redeem a Steam account.

The advantage of having games registered in a Slitherine/Matrix account is that you can download installers and patches from the Member's Area, and also it also affect the anniversary discount coupon.

Ajaxpost

Post by Ajaxpost » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:28 pm

Ahh, OK,

thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response, I don't come here very often.

Does that mean that Steam purchasers don't get any patches?

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:40 pm

patches are auto done on steam by steam, the site just uploads them in a different format and steam then sends them out, so all site games on steam are supported and patched the same as all site version games

Ajaxpost

Post by Ajaxpost » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:52 pm

Grand, thank you.

Good to know I'm not missing out on anything. :)

barrysingh101

Post by barrysingh101 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:00 am

Hello,

bought via steam and was wanting to register the game for the Slitherine account but I'm unable to find the serial number.

Same problem with Qvadriga and Command: Modern Air/ Naval Op WOTY and Distant Worlds: Universe

Any help?

Thank you shareit vidmate apk
Last edited by barrysingh101 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajaxpost

Post by Ajaxpost » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:20 pm

As was mentioned earlier in the thread:
you can only register games on a Slitherine/Matrix account if you have purchased them from our stores
Apparently this is because
Steam doesn't allow the use of 3rd party keys.
though that doesn't explain why Slitherine/Matrix will not accept Steam keys...

Anyway, as far as I can see there is no significant benefit to registering on this site except, maybe, a different update mechanism and additional discounts which may, or may not, match any sale discount you might get from other retailers selling the Steam version.

Hopefully the games are enjoyable enough on their own without needing access to this site. :D

U235
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by U235 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:54 am

Ajaxpost wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:20 pm
As was mentioned earlier in the thread:
you can only register games on a Slitherine/Matrix account if you have purchased them from our stores
Apparently this is because
Steam doesn't allow the use of 3rd party keys.
though that doesn't explain why Slitherine/Matrix will not accept Steam keys...

Anyway, as far as I can see there is no significant benefit to registering on this site except, maybe, a different update mechanism and additional discounts which may, or may not, match any sale discount you might get from other retailers selling the Steam version.

Hopefully the games are enjoyable enough on their own without needing access to this site. :D
The benefit of buying and registering on Sitherine/Matrix site is one, you often get a Steam Key (Steam doesn't give you a key). Two, you can retrieve your game installer, patches, and keys anytime you wish. Now you might say "Who cares, Steam is forever". Perhaps, just don't tell that to people that bought games on Impluse/Gamestop a few years back. Those games are gone forever. When you download a Steam game, you don't get the installer. Will your game work if Steam should go away? At any rate do you really own your game if you need Steam to install it?

Return to “General Discussion”