Variable American entry?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

majpalmer
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Variable American entry?

Post by majpalmer » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 pm

I hope that you can find a way to make variable American entry an option, i.e., for fixed (April 1917) or variable--linked to German success and how they handle thier submarines. There are any number of ways it could be done: the more U-boats the Germans build the more likely American entry, or the more PPs sunk by U-boats the more likely American entry, or some other method that works well with your programming.

But I do hope we're not stuck with an April 1917-only entry.

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 am

This is quoted out of our developer`s diary part three, I hope it answers your question. :wink:
USA War Entry

While neutral for the majority of the war, the United States play a vital role in its conclusion. Once this pool of manpower and equipment is unlocked for the allies, it usually starts the clock for the Central Powers. As more and more American units disembark in French ports, the allies will eventually take the upper hand unless the Central Powers can bring the war to a rapid conclusion.

The entry date of the United States is affected by events in the war itself. When the Central Powers sink too many allied Convoy ships, diplomatic relations will deteriorate. Thus, more or less aggression can speed up or delay the USA joining the conflict.

majpalmer

Post by majpalmer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:49 am

Excellent. Thanks!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”