Download issues

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

binford
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Download issues

Post by binford » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi there, just purchased CTGW, purchase has been done by plimus and I am sitting in Germany 5 hours of download to go. Is this normal? My internet connection is quite good, but the server seems to be extremely slow. Maybe there should be something invented like a torrent release. Also It would be great to have the ability to login into slitherine and to re-download any purchased game instead of requesting new download links. Anyway....I cant wait to play CTGW, my favourity szenario and released by a superb company :-)

avoran
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Download issues

Post by avoran » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm

When I downloaded (using Firefox) it was very slow. I cancelled and started again. Worked fine.
The link doesn't expire after one download, as I understood it. It expires after a certain length of time. But one of the Slitherine staff can confirm that. :)
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester

binford

Post by binford » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm

The link is 14 days active, no problem, the only Problem is the speed. I just was wondering if it is only so slow because I am in Germany. I don´t think that the servers are slow because millions of people are downloading. CTGW is not counter strike, CTGW is very special and the amount of people buying this kind of product is relatively low compared to other major releases. Maybe my thread should be moved to tech support, sorry, my mistake to post it here! But also I think in a few hours CTGW is on my hard disk, so problem is solved :-)

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Please take note that the server where the CTGW is hosted is not only used for downloading CTGW. :)
Usually it's not as slow as binford is reporting. But it might happen.
Our apologies for that.
Those download links have a 14 day validity. However, your right to download doesn't expire with this 14 day period. We will promptly provide new links when requested.
Of course, we strongly advise to make a backup of the installer.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 am

The files are all in the Amazon cloud so there is plenty of bandwidth but often there are glitches with an individual connection between any 2 locations on the net. The best thing is to cancel and retry if your speed is low and chances are it will find a different route that is usually faster.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”