overall impressions

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

kevini1000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

overall impressions

Post by kevini1000 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:39 am

I've spent some time playing since buying the game Tuesday evening. I do love it. It gives you the real feel for the real actual war and the balancing act that is required especially early on. Serbia is tough and waiting on the artillery for dealing with them is a good idea while putting enough forces to hold of Russia. The German have to push to Paris while having enough forces in the East to hold of the Russians as well. One thing that drives me crazy however repairing units. Sometimes the cost are out of proportion with the return on investment. I might have an infantry units that needs 2 strength points but it might cost 5 pp and 3 mp. I really don't understand why it cost more mp than it needs to repair to full. Once I move the unit the repair cost for mp and pp drops to sometimes 2 mp for 2 strength points. This drives me crazy especially since mp is one of the most important resources especially to the central powers. I must reread the repair rules again.

The convoys from Sweden. Ok the 3 strength convoy would sometimes disappear after saving a game and then reloading it. 30 pp gone. I'm going to test this out again and see if it happens.

Kevini

Return to “Commander - The Great War”