Any chances of a CEAW remake?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Re: Any chances of a CEAW remake?

Post by lordzimoa »

CEAW2 remains on our wishlist, but at the moment we don`t have the time or resources to commit to it.

We are fully booked for 2015 with games that have to be finished first and we have binding contracts on...
Kalrat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Kalrat »

Ok, thanks for the update. Hopefully the other games are as good as Commander series ;)
Kalrat

Post by Kalrat »

How long queue now with other games? When are we expecting to get the best game ever released? :)
tex78
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by tex78 »

Hi guys, any news? I'm looking forward to the sequel :D :D :D
Kalrat

Post by Kalrat »

What's the current situation? Long time no hear :D
Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Christolos »

I have given up waiting for a CEAW remake especially now that Strategic Command 3 (Strategic Command WWII War in Europe) will soon be released. See: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4166090

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by nehi »

so soon? damn, im out of vacation days allready :lol:

i loved sc2, but i was dissapointed by sc:ww1, i hope this time it will be thumbs up again
Christolos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Christolos »

I could never get into playing SC2 because of the tiles instead of hexes. My understanding, however, is that the game, to begin with was mostly bug free with no game breakers, and as time went on and interest and input from the community blossomed, the best ideas were incorporated. It is also quite obvious how much this game has changed over the years and how much dedication to the product Hubert Cater and Company have.

I very much liked CEAW, and in my opinion, I not only see SC3 as a great improvement on SC2, but also a great improvement on the idea of the grand strategy WWII game and concepts that CEAW embodied.

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
nehi

Post by nehi »

difference is just like, that hex has 6 neighbour hexes, sc2 square has 8 neighbour squares, but it feels very similar

yeah expansions were great but vanilla game was solid and fun too
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

In case any of you CEAW die=hards had missed it, there has been a very extensive 4.0 mod produced: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 18&t=75204

Return to “Commander - The Great War”