Any chances of a CEAW remake?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Any chances of a CEAW remake?

Post by Cataphract88 »

I'd buy a CEAW II. My son and I haven't stopped playing the original yet - and we bought that on its day of release. My son has even got the old handheld PSP version! :)
Last edited by Cataphract88 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
mamahuhu
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mamahuhu »

This is a very good news! :D
I was a beta tester of CEAW-GS
I would like to be beta tester of the CEAW2.
OxfordGuy3
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

If CEAW II is anything like as good as CEAW, I'm buying it! Needs a better PBEM system though - e.g. game lobby etc.
Justus2
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Justus2 »

DDave wrote:
lordzimoa wrote:CEAW2 is on our list... but no more info at this point. ;-)
Great! This game is awesome and I prefer The Great War to CEAW. But WW2 is the more interesting battle, so CEAW2 would be much appreciated! :)
I have recently started playing CEAW, why do you like Great War better? I am looking at this game as well. Thanks.
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Justus2 wrote:
DDave wrote:
lordzimoa wrote:CEAW2 is on our list... but no more info at this point. ;-)
Great! This game is awesome and I prefer The Great War to CEAW. But WW2 is the more interesting battle, so CEAW2 would be much appreciated! :)
I have recently started playing CEAW, why do you like Great War better? I am looking at this game as well. Thanks.
I have both, but still much prefer CEAW (with the Grand Strategy Mod, so you do have proper weather and loads of other nice extras), though the AI is a bit better in Commander the Great War, and the graphics are on the whole better, but I love the "Large Counters" option in CEAW-GS 3.0, so you can have grognard-style proper wargame counters
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

Plus there is potential in CEAW2 not only resulting from the new engine - i.e. implementing weather properly. :)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Borsook wrote:Plus there is potential in CEAW2 not only resulting from the new engine - i.e. implementing weather properly. :)
Weather works very well is CEAW with the Grand Strategy 3.0 mod, I don't think it's done any better in CTGW!
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

oxford_guy wrote:
Borsook wrote:Plus there is potential in CEAW2 not only resulting from the new engine - i.e. implementing weather properly. :)
Weather works very well is CEAW with the Grand Strategy 3.0 mod, I don't think it's done any better in CTGW!
It's not visible on the map and it is fairly simplistic, you don't have things like clouds over a region and this played an important role several times during WW2. So no, it doesn't work well.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Borsook wrote:
oxford_guy wrote:
It's not visible on the map and it is fairly simplistic, you don't have things like clouds over a region and this played an important role several times during WW2. So no, it doesn't work well.
But in GS 3.0 it *is* visible on the map, weather information has been added to the display of each individual hex. and weather has been improved generally - see the GS 3.0 brochure for more details: http://www.gs-manual.org/gs-manual.org/ ... ochure.pdf
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

oxford_guy wrote:But in GS 3.0 it *is* visible on the map, weather information has been added to the display of each individual hex. and weather has been improved generally - see the GS 3.0 brochure for more details: http://www.gs-manual.org/gs-manual.org/ ... ochure.pdf
Oh, I am sorry, I did not play GS since 2.0, and apparently did not expect them to add it :) Good to know, I'll download ver 3 promptly!
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Also see some examples of weather shown on the map in this AAR: http://www.slitherine.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 1&start=40
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

oxford_guy wrote:Also see some examples of weather shown on the map in this AAR: http://www.slitherine.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 1&start=40
Thanks! Since you have some experience with latest GS - have they improved the AI in any way? Original CEAW had a really terrible one...
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Borsook wrote:
oxford_guy wrote:Also see some examples of weather shown on the map in this AAR: http://www.slitherine.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 1&start=40
Thanks! Since you have some experience with latest GS - have they improved the AI in any way? Original CEAW had a really terrible one...
No the AI still sucks, but CEAW has a great PBEM community
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

This is excellent indeed, I loved The Great War. It is one of the most interesting games released. It has that simplicity and ease of play that goes along with just enough detail not to lose you but keep you coming back for 30 or 40 games.(a year or two) CEAW I have just opened that up after 4 years of considering it and it's a wonderful title that really needs to come up to the times. Version II would be an instant success I feel! Only problem with betatesting is spoiling yourself with the details :P but if it would make things happen I might try to help. The community between CEAW and Great War is Wonderful! :)
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

As soon as we have finished some other urgent titles and projects like Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, Soviet Corps and Cold War, we plan to start with CEAW2. So most likely we are talking about 2015, but CEAW2 is definitely on our list.
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

Good news!

All of the games ideas you mention sound very promising. :D
Richard
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

lordzimoa wrote:As soon as we have finished some other urgent titles and projects like Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, Soviet Corps and Cold War, we plan to start with CEAW2. So most likely we are talking about 2015, but CEAW2 is definitely on our list.
Okay, great, in the meantime CEAW GS is still great, at least versus a human opponent, hope you bring lots of the ideas from the GS expansion into CEAW2. In fact I don't think the game needs changing very much, apart from better graphics, a (much) better AI, and an easier/more secure way of playing PBEM
FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by FOARP »

There's a whole load of mechanisms in C:TGW that would be great for a WWII game - not least the temporary fortification mechanism, the artillery, the ammunition points. I also love to see a beefed-up diplomacy interface (you should be able to influence allies on to your side).

However, I really hope C:TGW II is also on your radar. There's a total dearth of playable WW1 games and this game meets a definite need and definitely fills a niche.
Kalrat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Kalrat »

lordzimoa wrote:As soon as we have finished some other urgent titles and projects like Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, Soviet Corps and Cold War, we plan to start with CEAW2. So most likely we are talking about 2015, but CEAW2 is definitely on our list.
It has been 2015 for quite a long time already so do you have some news for us? :)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Been having a blast with CTGW MP, have not tried CEAW, but would definitely buy into CEAW2 when it is released...

Return to “Commander - The Great War”