Slitherine and the Lordz Games Studio (http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) are proud to release a massive update for the much praised strategic wargame Commander: The Great War.
The v1.3.0 update contains numerous features. Doubtless the most prominent are the German, French and Italian language options added to the game. From now on, gamers from these countries will be able to play in their native language. Other improvements ensure balancing of the gameplay. The OpenGL requirement to play the game has been reduced from 1.5 to 1.4 (this means that even very old notebooks will be able to play the game causing less internal graphic card driver problems), the Naval war has been improved, and minor bugs have been fixed.
Here below the full changelog:
- OpenGL requirement to play the game has been reduced from 1.5 to 1.4
- German, French and Italian language translations and options added to main menu
- Loading does not "freeze" UI
- Loading screens added with random gameplay tip
Gameplay changes / balancing:
- Ship defense increased
- Port & home attack bonuses reduced
- 1914 Fleet sizes increased.
- Naval upgrade costs lowered.
- German convoys spawn if Entente naval power is broken (or disbanded)
- DOWs of Entente nations now occur during Entente turn, so they now
get the first moves. France & Belgium are excluded from this change.
- Canadian corps now spawns in a UK port city.
- Higher ammo cost for Bomber & Airship attacks
- Fighters now correctly intercept enemy strategic attacks against empty cities.
- Cities recover faster from damage.
- Disband refund is 100% in home territory (owned by unit's nation),
50% in friendly non-home territory, and none in enemy territory.
- Most nations now surrender quicker rather than fighting to the death.
- Entrenchment no longer stopped when being attacked by enemy (if not
forced to retreat).
- Fighter & Armoured Car LOS increased + cost reduced.
- Changed France's second capital to Bordeaux
- Spread Italian PP to a more even distribution
- Significantly increased Port defensive & offensive bonuses
- All ships LOS reduced by 1 (not including subs)
- Changed the Sinai desert to dunes terrain type to make it harder to cross
- Added Petrograd & Helsinki ports
- Bug fix that could crash AI
- Fix for bug which could be achieved by pressed Detach Commander
after repairing a unit
- Improved video decoding
- Better handling of pbem game creation time-outs
- Main-menu scroll crash
- PgUp/Down unit-cycle fix
To download the updates, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download them directly from the game’s download page here .
Get more information about Commander:The Great War on its official product page.