Bugs in 1.40

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

avoran
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Bugs in 1.40

Post by avoran » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Two things I've noticed so far:

1. When disbanding a unit (such as a British or Russian garrison) you get the warning message about battleships and morale

2. The message says the Canadian unit appears in the UK, but it appears in Canada (1914 scenario)
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester

avoran

Re: Bugs in 1.40

Post by avoran » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Am also wondering why my upkeep cost is 0 for everyone except Russia?
CEAW Grand Strategy fan

avoran

Post by avoran » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:23 pm

3. Russian sub attacked German convoy in Baltic - got message about British blockade in North Sea :)
CEAW Grand Strategy fan

kirk23
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by kirk23 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:58 am

avoran wrote:Things I've noticed so far:

1. When disbanding a unit (such as a British or Russian garrison) you get the warning message about battleships and morale

2. The message says the Canadian unit appears in the UK, but it appears in Canada (1914 scenario)

3. Russian sub attacked German convoy in Baltic - got message about British blockade in North Sea :)
Hello, I have still to track down the reason for the wrong message when disbanding units, I'm working on that one.

Your question about unit upkeep is simple to answer, the free upkeep allowance has been increased within the game data file.

The Canadian & Russia in the Baltic wrong messages has been fixed, see attached English Language File,just replace your original English Lang file with this one and problem sorted.
Attachments
New English Language file.zip
(59.65 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

avoran

Post by avoran » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:14 am

Thanks!

What file is the free upkeep data in?
CEAW Grand Strategy fan

kirk23

Post by kirk23 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:48 am

Hi the free upkeep data is in the Scripts Game LUA file. From there you can tweak and make changes to a lot of stuff, remember to backup any file before you edit ok!

By the way its not a bug,but I thought you guys might be interested to know, that I have just added a new event to the game,what is the event I hear you all ask?
Well I will tell you,on turn (13) Dec 1914 the ANZACS arrive in Cairo.The Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC)
Just in case off copy right issues, I have just used the same photo as the Canadian Corps event message.

sapper99
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by sapper99 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:44 am

kirk23 wrote:
By the way its not a bug,but I thought you guys might be interested to know, that I have just added a new event to the game,what is the event I hear you all ask?
Well I will tell you,on turn (13) Dec 1914 the ANZACS arrive in Cairo.The Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC)
Just in case off copy right issues, I have just used the same photo as the Canadian Corps event message.
I'm not getting this. No message and no units.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”