"Random" Number Generator

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

alex0809
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

"Random" Number Generator

Post by alex0809 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm

I noticed that in the game, it seems that at least for a certain time (simply because I have no way to find out after the first few moves because the game is obviously not always the same) the combat results are in fact not random but 100 % predetermined?

To tell you what I mean, in my (1.4) opening move with Austria-Hungary, first attack will ALWAYS be 3:2 result, second attack will ALWAYS be 1:3 result, third attack will ALWAYS be 0:1 result.
If I use a recon bomber before those three infantry attacks, this recon bomber will take 1 damage and the following infantry attacks will ALWAYS be 2:3, then 0:3, then 0:0.

I know that some games have seeds generated for a turn, but I never encountered something like this before - for the whole game? Is this just for the first few game turns to make sure it always has the same "fairness level"?

kirk23
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: "Random" Number Generator

Post by kirk23 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:48 pm

No your correct in your observation,the combats are predictable,with very little change on out comes.Which is boring and very annoying,what ever happened to chance and the good old dice roll.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”