CP

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Evzone
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

CP

Post by Evzone »

Having great fun on my iPad playing a number of campaigns. Just for enlightnment in case any forum members can let me know what I did wrong in a game starting from 1914, playing as CE against the AI, I committed to unrestricted submarine warfare using my points to buy submarines I ended up with Germany surrendering in late 1916 (around turn 60 odd) whilst maintaining cohesion and strong front lines on all fronts including the Caucases, Italian, Egypt, Serbian, Western and eastern theatres.

Hardly anything was getting thru' my submarine wolf pack screens with the English Channel and western approaches being a Kreigsmarine lake. My strategy was to force The UK to sue for peace knowing that the USA would eventually join the Allied effort because of my submarine warfare strategy. Eventually, the USA entered the war by mid 1916 however, I then noticed that my ratings were plummeting especially Germany.

What did I do wrong to hasten Germany's capitulation - was it that the upkeep of large land forces and submarines with the added factor of hardly any land offensives (I was happy to sit on strong defences and let them come to me, picking off weak units and springing the odd counter attack - I was especially successful in banging on the gates of Cairo). Nevertheless, despite strong on land and sea I lost - what am I missing - be grateful for views.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: CP

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I'm still going in my first game, but have lost hardly any morale and am now up to early 1916.

Some advice:

:arrow: Don't bother with navies, except for sinking Russia's very weak one. They risk something like 30% morale loss per BB group (correct me if I'm wrong on this).
:arrow: Decide from the start who you will focus on (I chose France), and hammer them with nearly all of your reinforcements. The other side can wait a bit, so send 20% of your artillery and planes over there. For me, France is dependant on Italians now, so a lot more of my stuff is in Russia. When the time comes, invade the UK (1918)
:arrow: Poison Gas should be your highest priority. I will argue that artillery are probably the most powerful and most important units in the game, and gas gives them a powerful advantage for nearly six months.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War

Return to “Commander - The Great War”