Combat prognosis broken?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

MTTODD
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Combat prognosis broken?

Post by MTTODD » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi,

Have reloaded game and replayed combat attacks, have done this as much as 10 times for different unit attacks
but game always gives same results!

Is this some kind of anti-cheat function! or is the game broken ?

Is kind of annoying, as has made me lose faith in the combat model.

Many thanks for any help.

P.S - I have posted this with tech support on matrix forum but get no reply! Feel as thought the developments are not interested in supporting product.

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Combat prognosis broken?

Post by JosephM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello MTTODD,

Sorry if no one has replied. I'll try to get someone who knows this game better than me to reply, but can I check a few things? Are you reloading a save from the beginning or the turn or from before a specific move?

MTTODD

Post by MTTODD » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi -

Thanks for getting back.

Hopefully I am understanding your question, I reload the save before a specific move.

My other issue is I have an example where I attack a French pre-dreadnought with my sub, should be 1-0 in my favour according to combat prognosis.

No matter how many times I play it, it's always 0-1 in French favour.

Many thanks.

Egge
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Egge » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:56 am

The prognosis isn't broken, the thing is that the random part of the next combat is saved as well. Consequently, re-loading won't change anything. If your are desperate to get a certain result in a specific battle, you have to first attack somewhere else and only then attack at the crucial point of the front. Only then will you get a different outcome.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”