starting units Serbia and AH

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

brickie-brick
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

starting units Serbia and AH

Post by brickie-brick » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:27 am

Just started playing this game and still trying to get a feel for it.

There is one thing that is bugging me. I could not find this in the forum, if it is already answered then sorry to repeat the question.
I'am playing on an ipad lastest version of the game. When i start as AH i have a difficult time attacking Serbia. I don't have many inf units(3 and 1 by rail) and it takes a lot of turns and losses to make any progress. But when i play as Serbia i noticed that the AI has at turn 1 already 6 inf units and a cav unit. Also the attacks are much more devastating then i can repeat when playing AH.
Is this by design to give the AI an advantage with the extra units and weaker Serbia units or i'am missing something?
Also how does this work when playing an MP?

Thanks

Egge
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: starting units Serbia and AH

Post by Egge » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:57 am

AFAIK, AI countries don't receive extra units. Are you really sure they had that many units right at the beginning of the game? I've never seen that. More likely, AH has either built additional units or transferred then from other fronts during the next few turns.

You can do the same thing. Build some more infantry, expand your ammo production, then it should be possible to more or less take out Serbia before Italy enters the war. A units suffers much higher losses if it is repeatedly attacked. Keep an eye on unit efficiency, if it gets lower than seven, your units definitely need a rest. Don't expose your units too much, ie. don't move into hexes that can be attacked from three or more sides. Retreat if necessary, the only city you really need to hold onto is Belgrade. Also Garrisons are fairly weak, only put them in the front line if absolutely necessary and don't ever leave them in a hex that can be attacked by more than one enemy unit.

brickie-brick

Post by brickie-brick » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:00 pm

This is at turn 1. Near the Serbian border there are 3 inf units capable to move to the border. With 1 rail point only 1 other inf unit can reach the frontline. But at turn 1 there are 6 inf units. So AH gets more railpoints to move all the inf units the have to the serbian border or it's gets more units. Either way it seems to me that the AI gets extra benefits.

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:31 pm

brickie wrote:This is at turn 1. Near the Serbian border there are 3 inf units capable to move to the border. With 1 rail point only 1 other inf unit can reach the frontline. But at turn 1 there are 6 inf units. So AH gets more railpoints to move all the inf units the have to the serbian border or it's gets more units. Either way it seems to me that the AI gets extra benefits.
Plain and simple: "The AI cheats" Otherwise: Players would be too dominate within a scenario. It's not too bad once you get used to the game mechanics.

In MP matches: You will not see any of the abnormalities mentioned above. What a player sees, is what the player get's, much like what you see when you play either side in SP, no more, no less for either MP player in a match.

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:33 pm

On the Pc version you can choose if you want the AI be normal, or "priviliged". In the latter case the AI gets a larger rail capacity and some small PP boost. Perhaps that's how the mobile version has it as default?

Return to “Commander - The Great War”