Expansion - Campaign 1919

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Expansion - Campaign 1919

Post by FOARP »

Hi guys,

So, basically I'm still playing this game even though it's been ~3 years since release, but I'd love to see some expanded content. I don't know how well it sold, but I'm guessing it must have sold some otherwise you wouldn't still be supporting it, but we're still yet to see an expansion or DLC for it.

Personally, I'd love to see expanded content for this game and would be happy to pay for it. One obvious subject for an expansion is the possibility that the Germans might have retreated back into their heartland and fought a campaign there - the Allies were preparing to fight exactly that kind of campaign after the 1918 fighting, and were planning to carry out an early form of blitzkrieg in their advance into Germany. The Allies were also at risk of fighting a war against Soviet Russia at the same time as a result of their intervention in that country. Finally a Russo-Polish war scenario would also be good fun.

Is there really no plan at all to release an expansion for this game?
FOARP

Re: Expansion - Campaign 1919

Post by FOARP »

Actually, this gives me an idea for a alternate-history 1919 mod:

1) Add a much-weakened Russia to the Central Powers, as well as Finland.

2) Have Archangel under UK occupation, as well as Baku and Tiflis.

3) See if it is possible to add the Whites to the game.

4) Have CP forces defending positions along the Rhine and the Danube.

Basically the CP goal is to hold out to the end of 1920, with the aid of a Communist Russia fighting the Allies for their own ends.
mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Expansion - Campaign 1919

Post by mpetri »

That'd be pretty cool. Maybe mod in the OUN holding the Ukraine, with the Whites faction as Central Powers playable?

And in Austria Hungary have nationalist or communist revolts seizing control of cities every so often to show how the Empire was falling apart?

Return to “Commander - The Great War”