AI not limited by rail limits

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

gdpsnake1979
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

AI not limited by rail limits

Post by gdpsnake1979 »

It is really an incredible OP cheat that the AI can rail an unlimited number of units every turn while the player can do only one. It takes about 120 production to increase 1 rail capacity for a player. So what happens is the AI can completely rail an army into/near Belgium or on the East front or against Serbia or where ever (either side) the very first turn making a complete mockery of the game. Plus, it just rails out all the units you damage and rails in fresh ones making it impossible to make headway. I don't mind an AI getting a little help in production but this is so insane. Fix it.
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: AI not limited by rail limits

Post by nehi »

ai is weak and more railway points just help human player to beat it more easily (ai tries to be everywhere, but then its just nowhere plus exhausted units from railway movings, especially when fronts are larger/more open)

just storm the front and dont let ai fill all the holes

update: i see on matrix forum, u dont believe in schlieffens plan, but u can, 1914 can be finished in 13 turns on both sides
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

I agree that this railroad abuse is utterly broken.

I've heard from nehi that this abuse was not present in the 1.5x versions so it would be interesting for me to compare the current V1.66 AI files with that earlier version.

Unfortunately the 1.5x versions of the AI files were still encrypted and thus not readable.

Only the 1.66 version was made available in an decrypted version.

Would it be possible for the developers to release the decrypted 1.5 version of the AI files so I could compare and (maybe) find the main culprit?

PLEEEEEEZ!
nehi

Post by nehi »

im sorry, but im not sure i said that about trains... in general ai seems better in 1.5x, especially navy (in 1.6x its absolutely harmless even near own ports)

on the ground its maybe all about production shortage, in 1.5x except germans all nations had many units something like upkeep free

the more units the less holes ai tries to fill, the less useless movings

in your mod it feels like ai isnt such crazy most likely cause of the same reason

Return to “Commander - The Great War”