GreatWar too easy

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

hansjurgent
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

GreatWar too easy

Post by hansjurgent »

I find this game is now too easy for me. I play at the privlaged level. The computer retreats too much. Any way to make the AI harder?
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: GreatWar too easy

Post by nehi »

dont acquire new units or once russia is in war, declare war to all others (except norway and sweden, as it causes crashes), playing as central powers

first one is a bit challenging, second one is the real challenge 8) (ai can be still beaten even on privileged level, but its tough as hell)

the real challenge can prepare u for multiplayer maybe better than most of mp games, as its simulating ententes overpruction quite well
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

hansjurgent wrote:I find this game is now too easy for me. I play at the privlaged level. The computer retreats too much. Any way to make the AI harder?
I played SP for the longest time till it was coming out of ears with less and less satisfaction, then went CTGW MP it was the best move that I had ever made game wise..!! At first it will be hard to find someone you can start a match with that has comparable skills to yours, most are better (veterans), then you will get an experience that no AI could ever supply you with. :wink:
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

@hansjurgent: you could also start modding the game to your own preferences which is actually not difficult at all if you only want to change some stats. All you'd need is a good editor like Notepad+ and I'd be happy to help you over at the modding subforum if you have any questions.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

What Robotron did not emphasize (he is modest) was his Potzblitz mod which he has just released or is about to be released in it's latest form/version. My observation about Robotron is that he is committed to his work and if a player wants to use his mod, he will be with you every step of the way and then some. You might want to read about the extensive changes and add-ons (commanders, events, ect.) he has instituted to improve this game. For a AI/SP player it promises to be a whole new gaming experience with CTGW. :wink: :wink:
TripleCP
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TripleCP »

Very true. Give Potzblitz a go if you're finding vanilla to be a walkover. If anything, you may be cursing the difficulty the first few times around.
https://www.facebook.com/RussianFront75/
JLChamberlain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JLChamberlain »

I too have noticed the AI - of both sides - tends to abandon the Western Front way too easy and divert their units to, say, Persia. They may let you walk in to the Ruhr and Munich without much opposition, but they'll darn sure take Tabriz! :roll:
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

JLChamberlain wrote:I too have noticed the AI - of both sides - tends to abandon the Western Front way too easy and divert their units to, say, Persia. They may let you walk in to the Ruhr and Munich without much opposition, but they'll darn sure take Tabriz! :roll:
This behaviour is caused by several components: the initial setup of units, the placement of cities, the AI's ability to use infinite rail moves and a couple more factors in the AI files concerning front balancing and front priority.
All this can only be changed by modding the game and since chances for further official CTGW updates are somewhat doubtable, I invite all experienced players who haven't already played my PotzBlitz-mod yet to give it at least a try. ^^
Link: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 18&t=70576
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610

Return to “Commander - The Great War”