Survey: how many of you guys still play CTGW?

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Survey: who is still playing CTGW and in which mode?

I mostly play vanilla CTGW V1.66 in single player mode. I'm happy with the original game.
25%
I mostly play vanilla CTGW V1.66 in multiplayer mode. I'm happy with the original game.
No votes
I mostly play BOTH vanilla CTGW V1.66 in single player and multiplayer. I'm happy with the original game.
No votes
I mostly play and want to continue playing a CTGW mod in single player mode, I would like to see more mods or existing mods getting improved.
50%
I mostly play and want to continue playing a CTGW mod in multiplayer mode, I would like to see more mods or existing mods getting improved
10%
I like to play BOTH singleplayer and multiplayer versions of CTGW mods, I would like to see more mods or existing mods getting improved.
15%

Total votes: 20

Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

Let's hear it!
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Survey: how many of you guys still play CTGW?

Post by operating »

To be honest, have never played or DL a mod, but if their was one that I did, it would be yours... :wink:
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

operating wrote:To be honest, have never played or DL a mod, but if their was one that I did, it would be yours... :wink:
Hi operating, long time no see. Why not break a habit and try my mod, after all it only takes copypasting a single folder.
If you backup your original installation before you really have nothing to lose. :)
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

Choice 7 Playing 1.6.4 Solo on iPAD and would love to see mods and content make it to that platform too. :wink:
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

DonCzirr wrote:Choice 7 Playing 1.6.4 Solo on iPAD and would love to see mods and content make it to that platform too. :wink:
Which is of course not a viable option as you might have already guessed. Both further development for the Ipad version has ceased (thanks to Apple, not Slitherene) and user made mods on Ipad are just not possible given the architecture of the Ipad OS.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Yep wishful thinking on my part.

As this is a one of a kind game however on that platform, I wish they could eventually do something with the code (sell / open source) to extend / revive it in the future ....
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
MarechalJoffre
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarechalJoffre »

I have stopped playing it in 2015, until Potzblitz mod came up. I returned to playing it regularly since then.
mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by mpetri »

I still play it quite a bit, actually. Unfortunately since I am on the iPad I can't download the various user created mods
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by nehi »

mpetri wrote:I still play it quite a bit, actually. Unfortunately since I am on the iPad I can't download the various user created mods
thats tax for using closed system
Vokt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Vokt »

Been playing only CTGW mods in singleplayer. Wanna start multiplayer asap.
AEWHistory
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by AEWHistory »

Robotron wrote:
DonCzirr wrote:Choice 7 Playing 1.6.4 Solo on iPAD and would love to see mods and content make it to that platform too. :wink:
Which is of course not a viable option as you might have already guessed. Both further development for the Ipad version has ceased (thanks to Apple, not Slitherene) and user made mods on Ipad are just not possible given the architecture of the Ipad OS.

I don't understand the part about Apple being at fault for this game not being developed. Maybe I'm mixing Apples and non-Apples (see what I did there...) but Slitherine doesn't develop any of its good wargames for the iPad any longer. This is something that disappoints me greatly. I supported them totally--I own pretty much all their iPad wargames and expansions--so it is a bummer to have a bunch of software that feels orphaned while the PC versions still receive at least some support. Just my $.02 though.
nehi

Post by nehi »

AEWHistory wrote: I don't understand the part about Apple being at fault for this game not being developed. Maybe I'm mixing Apples and non-Apples (see what I did there...) but Slitherine doesn't develop any of its good wargames for the iPad any longer. This is something that disappoints me greatly. I supported them totally--I own pretty much all their iPad wargames and expansions--so it is a bummer to have a bunch of software that feels orphaned while the PC versions still receive at least some support. Just my $.02 though.
1) at some point apple stopped supporting 32bit apps and ctgw is 32bit app

2) pc have just one more patch, maybe its better to say hotfix, than ipad cause of that, apple didnt let it come to ipad ( 1 happened before 2 came out)

Return to “Commander - The Great War”