Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II is out!

Post by Daniele »

"Famous men have the whole earth as their memorial." – Pericles

Few games have been able in the past to truly capture the magnitude and the complexity of Ancient Warfare.
Field of Glory II, the latest masterpiece from the creators of gems like Pike and Shot and Sengoku Jidai, is one of these games, and it is finally available!

Fight in over two centuries of constant warfare, witnessing the Rise of Rome to become the dominant power in the Mediterranean Sea, from 280 B.C. to 25 B.C.

The game offers an incredible degree of choice: With over 78 Army Lists and 48 Factions to choose from, randomly generated maps, and a wealth of different scenarios, no two battles will look or play the same.

Your skills will be tested against a challenging AI through 4 historically-based Campaigns where strategic decisions will have a real impact on the upcoming battles, and decide everything from your opponents and allies to the kind of map. Or jump into one of the most flexible systems to create your perfect Custom Battle or Campaign!

Do you want to know more about the different gameplay modes? Click here!

The game ships with a wonderful full-color hardcover manual, but if you want to wait to see what it looks like, look at this abstract!

Last but not least, we have a new Discord channel for whoever wants to join this game's community, you can find it HERE! (You can use Discord on your browser, but we suggest you to download the desktop version since is way more stable and reliable)
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Field of Glory II is out!

Post by Micha63 »

Congrats, i whish maximum sucess for the game.
Jafele
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Jafele »

A classic game has born!!

A million of thanks to all developers.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Congrats with this major release! Hope it will attract a lot of new people to the genre.
dark2288
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by dark2288 »

If this game is bought via Slitherine store, can a Steam key be generated as well?
The thread here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=72513 implies that all published games offered on Steam as well will offer this option.
ImaginaryStar

Post by ImaginaryStar »

Is there iPad release planned?

Looks like something it can handle.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes you always get a Steam key for a game that is available on Steam when buying from our store.

No there are no plans for an iPad version unfortunately.
gudin
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by gudin »

Any plans for a macOS version?
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

I used my 28% anniversary coupon and got this for a little over 21.00 USD today from the Matrix store. I immediately activated on Steam and downloaded.
For a brief while it was #11 on the Steam sales charts. It has since fallen but is still in the top 25
That means it is moving some copies. I hope this keeps up for a while and makes back the development cost and then some and gets word out that wargames are still a valid genre.

And the first handful of reviews are people with hundreds of games on their accounts so its not just a few niche people from the forums giving it good reviews,
It is always good to see people who like a wide genre of games giving wargames good reviews.

I will start playing this soon and wish it all the success in the world. I would not have known it was released today if not for the Steam sales charts and it was a very pleasant surprise to see the game trending and copies moving.

Congratulations to all involved!

I must also add it was a very pleasant surprise to see the serial key double as a steam key.
After I purchased the game I looked at the key and thought to myself....why that looks like a Steam key!
I went over to Steam and copied it in and was very pleasantly surprised to see that it was indeed a Steam Key and activated right away.
dark2288

Post by dark2288 »

IainMcNeil wrote:Yes you always get a Steam key for a game that is available on Steam when buying from our store.
Great to hear this - I bought it from your store. Congratulations on the game launch!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

gudin wrote:Any plans for a macOS version?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 77&t=79411

i've linked the question to the answer made and asked and replied to in another thread
Calvitious

Post by Calvitious »

IainMcNeil wrote:Yes you always get a Steam key for a game that is available on Steam when buying from our store.

Hey Ian. Just bought FoG II on the Slitherine Store following this comment. And yet I don't get any option to "Get a Steam Key" from the Members Club. Any clue on this ? Thank you.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Calvitious wrote:

Hey Ian. Just bought FoG II on the Slitherine Store following this comment. And yet I don't get any option to "Get a Steam Key" from the Members Club. Any clue on this ? Thank you.
For most new games the Serial for Steam is just the same. No need anymore to get one from the members area. Did you tried that yet?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Calvitious wrote:

Sorry you are having problems. It should just be in the members area for you. If not can you contact support@slitherine.co.uk and they can work out what went wrong.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Calvitious wrote:

The serial number provided can be used to activate the game on Steam.
Calvitious

Post by Calvitious »

Cheers Paulus !

I should have tried this one before coming and bothering all the forum like a spoon-fed baby. :D
At least now if someone else wonder why there's no Steam Key on the Members Club he knows he can safely try his DRM free key on Steam anyway.

Return to “News & Announcements”