Cheaters

PC/MAC : Commander the Great War is the latest release in the popular Commander series to bring the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

mrdozer2379
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Cheaters

Post by mrdozer2379 »

I have run into a cheater 2 times now and was wondering if anything will be done about that?
wuyinghai has been able to create massive dreadnaught fleets of about 10 for germany and 10 for austria by turn 20 or less. Multiple artilery pieces and an army that is 4 rows thick.
Just wondering how something like this is happening?
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Cheaters

Post by Robotron »

In your case your opponent is not only trying to cheat but rather trying to make fun of you by blatantly cheating.
Cheating is easily done, there are small programs available that can mess with internal values of games, alternatively if the game is open to modding you can apply your own cheats if you know how to edit the scripts.

As you probably know you can even reload the game as often as you like if you feel you could improve the situation for example after having made a bad move.

There's not much that can be done about cheaters, they will always try to find ways to abuse any given game.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Robotron wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:39 pm As you probably know you can even reload the game as often as you like if you feel you could improve the situation for example after having made a bad move.
Not quite. We do have an anti-cheating system in PBEM++ and we do ban players if they attempt to systematically reload the game.
mrdozer2379
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mrdozer2379 »

Well could you please look into this guy as he from time to time joins my open games and cheats with his unlimited units.
onpp
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by onpp »

I had the same experience today with Wuyinghai. He openly cheats and Robotron is right, he is making fun of it, because his fake reinforcemments are so visible. In my case, on turn 3 in Nivelle Offensive, as he plays allies, he has :
- Russia : two arty, 4 more infantry, one more bomber
- Persia : one more infantry
- Italy : one more bomber and a zep
- France : 6 zeps already !
- Egypt : 2 arty, 1 tank, 2 dreads
We played before together and he used to quit after a few turns while loosing. First time today to see him cheating, but I will never play with him anymore.
Attachments
Wuyinghai - turn 3 - Nivelle off allies.7z
(129.03 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
mrdozer2379
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mrdozer2379 »

lol he must have learned the zeps form me as thats how I had him surrender in my first game. UK at 15 zeps, france 10 and russia 10 all bombing germany to 4 production and he was still standing.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello All,

We have taken action against the account for now and asked he contact us, so we will continue to review this.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

JosephM wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm Hello All,

We have taken action against the account for now and asked he contact us, so we will continue to review this.
Hi JosephM, Mrdozer and I played 2 MP matches, he's a straight up player, a worthy opponent and would not doubt his word. CTGW is a fun game to play in MP, way better than SP.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

onpp wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:44 pm I had the same experience today with Wuyinghai. He openly cheats and Robotron is right, he is making fun of it, because his fake reinforcemments are so visible. In my case, on turn 3 in Nivelle Offensive, as he plays allies, he has :
- Russia : two arty, 4 more infantry, one more bomber
- Persia : one more infantry
- Italy : one more bomber and a zep
- France : 6 zeps already !
- Egypt : 2 arty, 1 tank, 2 dreads
We played before together and he used to quit after a few turns while loosing. First time today to see him cheating, but I will never play with him anymore.
Hello JosephM, should say onpp and I also matched up once or twice, he also as far as I can remember is a straight up player. I hate seeing guys who really like going MP to put up being bushwhacked by Wuyinghai type BS. It destroys the game, it could destroy Slitherine game sales. Likely this Wuyinghai corrupts other games as well. Please End it--!!
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Operating,

Sorry, but it is "Wuyinghai" who we've taken the action against. ONPP and MrDozer only reported the issue to us
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

JosephM wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm Hello Operating,

Sorry, but it is "Wuyinghai" who we've taken the action against. ONPP and MrDozer only reported the issue to us
Hi JosephM,

Can you explain to myself and others what actions can be taken? Over at Steam if you click a member's icon there can be a wording/warning in red text that the member has been caught cheating.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

For now, he has been blocked from PBEM for the game. Hopefully he will therefore contact us about this to ask why and we can inform him. This may not be intentional to cheat, as e.g. he may be using a mod, and forgetting to or not being aware he has to disable this for normal PBEM, but we will see what he says.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Thank you..

Return to “Commander - The Great War”