MP Server is down?

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

MP Server is down?

Post by Navaronegun » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Cannot download existing turns, can log into MP account. Is it just me or is the server acting up again?

Navaronegun
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.

ERommel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: MP Server is down?

Post by ERommel » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Navaronegun wrote:Cannot download existing turns, can log into MP account. Is it just me or is the server acting up again?

Navaronegun
I can log on and see my ongoing games but it times out on any selected match....
Here we go again
Imagine yourself acclaimed, a decorated national hero, an idol to millions of desperate people, then within six months, condemned to death by hanging.
- Joachim Peiper

kingt
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by kingt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Same here. I was able to play earlier today, but haven't been able to load a turn in a few hours. I see that some of my opponents managed to squeeze in some turns, but not that many.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:07 pm

If you guys can give us your IP addresses and some specific times it will help track down the issue.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Also - can you guys give us some idea of how long a turn takes to down- and up-load for you when the server is working correctly. I just want to try and find out if slower connections are a common factor.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Pip

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:40 pm

It was down at approximately 2000 GMT that SAT and up again by approximately 0000 GMT. It was certainly the longest outage of the weekend. I am at work and have no idea what my home IP address is, but I am in Arizona. The turns timed out loading after 58 seconds to a minute. It was widespread, based on the comments from Sweden, the UK and now Canada.
Last edited by Navaronegun on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 pm

What I'm interested in to try and help the server team is how long it takes to upload and download normally. That is, when everything is working as it should.

Cheers

Pip

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:45 pm

For me, normally, 8-9 seconds to download or upload. My DL speed is 30 MBs ish andmy Upload is 15 MBs ish.

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”