Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Website Issues

Post by Navaronegun » Thu May 29, 2014 1:02 am

Using google Chrome on an iPad2.

So a lot of the time, instead of the forum login page, a re-log on request takes you to the Slith Storefront site, not the forum log-in location. As well, the forum site looks like the attachment below. Just an FYI, guys.

Nav
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.78 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Website Issues

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu May 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks for the report. I know the guys are working on the newly live unified login system (across the Slitherine and Matrix websites and forums) so it could just be growing pains :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun » Fri May 30, 2014 2:18 am

pipfromslitherine wrote:Thanks for the report. I know the guys are working on the newly live unified login system (across the Slitherine and Matrix websites and forums) so it could just be growing pains :)

Cheers

Pip
Thanks, Pip. Some feedback for the web guys: not having a persistent, seamless, "remember password" as a possibility on a unified logon which involves a forum is a real pain in the caboose. Which has been the case for about a month. :). Only on mobile devices using chrome.
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Could you possibly make a specific and detailed post about the login cookie stuff to the Site Feedback forum here:

viewforum.php?f=31

please, it would help to make sure the correct team looks at it :)

Cheers

Pip

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun » Fri May 30, 2014 5:00 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:Could you possibly make a specific and detailed post about the login cookie stuff to the Site Feedback forum here:

viewforum.php?f=31

please, it would help to make sure the correct team looks at it :)

Cheers

Pip

No Prob. Everyone wants a unified system, but if you can't have mobile devices use cookies, then no one will traffic your site, or you will severely downgrade your traffic. Because you have tied the security requirements of a storefront to a forum. They both don't need the same level of security.

Nav

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri May 30, 2014 5:36 pm

That's absolutely not the design. Unified login really means more for the forums and PBEM systems. I am sure that any wrinkles will be worked out asap :)

Cheers

Pip

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun » Fri May 30, 2014 5:41 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:That's absolutely not the design. Unified login really means more for the forums and PBEM systems. I am sure that any wrinkles will be worked out asap :)

Cheers

Pip

Ah, so it's just glitching. Got it.

Thread posted.

Nav

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”