Calling HQ! Request Support! Battle Academy is in a coma

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

bloodphoenix
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Calling HQ! Request Support! Battle Academy is in a coma

Post by bloodphoenix »

I'm cross-posting this under a new heading as well, because what started as an inability to play a single campaign
has become an inability to run the game in any form.

Okay, I've been dealing with this issue for about two weeks now.
Would like to play the Bulge single-player campaign, as its the only one I haven't finished.
But REALLY want to get back into the game so I can resume my open multi-player matches! :oops: :( :x

When this started, I couldn't access the Bulge Campaign, but everything else was working fine (including multi-player
scenarios set during the Battle of the Bulge). You suggested that I uninstall the game, and reinstall it, which I did.
Ever since, I have been unable to get into Battle Academy at all. I have no idea why. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about three times now, with the same result. I've tried going into the BA folder and running the game from the executable file there, with no change. Whether I click on the shortcut on desktop, or go into the file, the game does not open. At all. If I had it to do over, I would go back and live without the Bulge Single Player Campaign. :roll:

I play the game on this computer (my lap-top) when I'm away from home on business, or when I'm having an issue with my Desktop PC, which has the speed, power and graphics to be my primary gaming computer. Recently, I had a major crash with my main PC, and wound up having to install a new operating system on it.

I've been working on recovering some of the games that I had on it, which are now archived in files under "windows.old" and this included all my Slitherine titles. But I suspect I may have to just do a fresh install, as they seem to behave similarly to the way BA now does on my laptop...they don't open or run. The only difference is that when I click on the icon on my Desktop computer, I will get a grayish-black blank screen that I would see in the past for for a second or two before the game would open...now it just hangs there until I get tired of looking at it and open Task Manager, where it will show that particular game is "not responding".

If I need to do a fresh install of the games on one or both computers, would I need to get a download link from you?
nopanic
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Calling HQ! Request Support! Battle Academy is in a co

Post by nopanic »

Hi, i had quite the same problem with Battle Academy 1 and 2. The program opens only in a locked first page with music palying.
To unlock it i must do ctrl+lt+canc and cancel the locked program.
I am thinking that is because Windows updates, but i haven't got solutions till now. Please i you know something about, write me.
Thank you
bloodphoenix

Re: Calling HQ! Request Support! Battle Academy is in a co

Post by bloodphoenix »

As of yesterday, my problem has been resolved.
I had tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling, thinking I had a corrupted file of some kind, but that didn't help...
I wound up needing to do a completely fresh download and installation. Now it runs without a problem.

To quote the message from Pip at Slitherine:

"If you email support@slitherine.co.uk with your details they will be able to get you links to download installers as needed.

Cheers
Pip"

Hope that's the answer for you as well.

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”