Blender 3D Exporter

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Lillarpy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Lillarpy »

Nice to see your progress Merr :) !

Railroad tracks you say! Is that Armoured trains I hear starting ? ^^
makigono1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Blender 3D Exporter

Post by makigono1 »

Hi folks,
I was wondering if someone could give me a hand please. I've been trying to make a factory smokestack and export it to BA2. Unfortunately, I'm not making any progress, and the tutorial information I've been looking at hasn't really helped at all. So, I was hoping I could find some help from someone on the following:

1.) I cannot get the exporter script to work, I'm afraid. I get an error in line 26 reading "missing parentheses in call to 'print'". The line in question is:
print 'S3F Export path: "%s"' % filename

2.) Can someone very wise point me at a tutorial online (hopefully one that makes sense) providing instruction in how to apply a .DDS file as a skin for a simple, non-animated, object, like a building? Just having a devil of a time with this, so any help is appreciated greatly.

Additional info: If I correct the line and add the expected parentheses around filename, I no longer get the 'missing' error, but I get an invalid syntax error. :-(
Lillarpy

Re: Blender 3D Exporter

Post by Lillarpy »

makigono1 wrote:Hi folks,
I was wondering if someone could give me a hand please. I've been trying to make a factory smokestack and export it to BA2. Unfortunately, I'm not making any progress, and the tutorial information I've been looking at hasn't really helped at all. So, I was hoping I could find some help from someone on the following:

1.) I cannot get the exporter script to work, I'm afraid. I get an error in line 26 reading "missing parentheses in call to 'print'". The line in question is:
print 'S3F Export path: "%s"' % filename

2.) Can someone very wise point me at a tutorial online (hopefully one that makes sense) providing instruction in how to apply a .DDS file as a skin for a simple, non-animated, object, like a building? Just having a devil of a time with this, so any help is appreciated greatly.

Additional info: If I correct the line and add the expected parentheses around filename, I no longer get the 'missing' error, but I get an invalid syntax error. :-(
Hi Makigono1. I were quite surprised to get this mail-notification, this is my first post since 17 Apr 2012 on these forums :P Glad to see the BA modding community still going on though :)

I am sorry to say there is no simple solution to your problem but at-least I can give you some insight into the problem.

The issue is that the Export-script is built for python 2.6.6 and Blender v2.4.9b while future versions of Blender uses python 3.1. (Difference between 2. and 3. in Python is rather huge). So the solution would be either to use an 3 year old version of Blender(I must admit that I have not used blender since 2012 either so I don´t know what this means), or rewrite the script in Python 3.+, or find another export.

I hope I was to some help at least and good luck on your modding Makigano1.

Return to “Battle Academy : Modders Corner ”