multiplayer scenarios for singleplayer?

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

thomar
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

multiplayer scenarios for singleplayer?

Post by thomar » Thu May 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello,

i love to play the singleplayer-scenarios. Thx to all the modder outthere. Is there a way to remake the multiplayer scenarios for singleplayer? I´m starving for more scenarios, but i´m not good in making the scenarios by my self.

Greets

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: multiplayer scenarios for singleplayer?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu May 09, 2013 2:52 pm

The MP scenarios could be taken across to be used in SP, but there is no AI setup for them, so generally the AI would not do much as they don't understand the objectives etc. So while you could use the maps and unit setups, you would need to add some AI logic to the maps to make them playable.

Cheers

Pip

thomar

Post by thomar » Fri May 17, 2013 2:34 pm

and how can i set the ai logic etc.? Can you give me a step by step introduction by an exempal? The manual doesnt explain that.

Thx for your patience.

P.S. : Maybe that´s a nice service by Silthernie? I would pay for it!

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri May 17, 2013 3:21 pm

It's a pretty major task. The key issue is that MP maps have different objectives and you need to give the AI some orders which match up with them.

My suggestion for a simple way to get something running would be to use an existing MP map and unit layout, but remove the scenario script file and use the editor-driven VP plugin. With the plugin you can tell specific AI teams to try and grab the VPs and so on, which would give you an active opponent.

Cheers

Pip

jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 pm

thomar what you really need probably is someone in the mod community willing to invest time writing AI script for each scenario.
A daunting task, in many ways. Plus, most of the mod guys are multiplayer focused, so not many volunteers to do the code?
Too bad there isn't fancier auto-AI-scripting plugins.. If you look, one modder is making a german-based Bulge SP pack.
That is what you need.

Out of curiosity, if you had to make a wish list, which scenarios did you have in mind, if you had to rank-order your request?
I'm not volunteering lol but who knows who might happen across this thread and pick up the work. =)

GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by GottaLove88s » Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 am

Try PM'ing rf900 if you have a specific project in mind... He's one of the community's best SP modders with a series of excellent SP campaigns out there... He might be super busy, but he might just help you, if your project sounds interesting enough... Good luck! ;-)
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”