Large Demonstration Game

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Large Demonstration Game

Post by viking123 »

I am hoping to mount a large demonstration game at the Overlord Show in Abingdon next year. The Oxford Club has at least 4000 points of figures most suitable for TYW and/or ECW. Does anyone have any ideas for a suitable battle and where I could get all the necessary information.

Bob
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Large Demonstration Game

Post by nikgaukroger »

viking123 wrote:I am hoping to mount a large demonstration game at the Overlord Show in Abingdon next year. The Oxford Club has at least 4000 points of figures most suitable for TYW and/or ECW. Does anyone have any ideas for a suitable battle and where I could get all the necessary information.

Bob

The Osprey books on these battles have enough useful info IIRC:

Lutzen
Edgehill
Marston Moor
1st Newbury
Naseby

Plus there is lots on the web on most of these as well.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
nickdives
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by nickdives »

We are working on doing Breitenfeld over Christmas, at least 17 Cavalry units for the Swedes alone. I shall post details on here when done
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

Nick, I would be very happy to see both your lists for Breitenfeld and an after action report.

We have finally decided to do Lutzen 1632. We have still to finnalise the lists. One version is 4700 points whilst the other is over 6500 points. We have booked a 12' x 6' table at Overlord (March 6th March). Still have a number of Swedish Brigades to paint and sort out the right terrain.

Alasdair Harley and Ben Jones are sorting out the lists. All three of us are supplying the figures and terrain. We want it to look good as it is a show game rather than just a club game.

Bob
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

Nik,

Thanks for the advice on where to find information. We have used the Osprey book on Lutzen 1632 and also searches on the iinternet for information.

Bob

Return to “Historical Scenarios”