Roman Era

Got a great idea for a game - why not post it here!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Roman Era

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I reckon that more games focussing around the Roman Times would be quite interesting - maybe the Punic and Gallic Wars?

Ideas to consider here:

- Senate giving you orders (they should be downright stupid sometimes just so that people can hate them and want to create the empire :evil: :lol: )
- Legion mechanics (R2TW didn't do a very good job at this :( )
- Very aggressive Carthage (towards Rome anyhow - they fought three huge wars between 270 BC and 146 BC)

CTGW's engine may be suitable for this, just change the map scale (far more detail), with many more missions, better diplomacy and some focus on civilians as well (fighting is fun, but a game can't just rely on it!)

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Roman Era

Post by captainjack »

Impossible missions? Dare I mention WW1 mods and Arras?.... Or maybe it's only impossible if you play like I do.

If the Senate gives ridiculous orders, perhaps you should get promotion and extra prestige (or the equivalent) by losing. Alternatively, you can ignore orders and go down a civil war option where you get attacked by your own side from the rear or a flank while fighting the official enemy in front.
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

captainjack wrote:Impossible missions?
Not impossible, but quite pointless, causing people to want to go down the civil war option. For instance, the senate might want you to send a legion to Rome so that it can watch the gladiator games.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
PeterNovik
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by PeterNovik »

There are a lot games such as you suggest

Return to “Game Ideas”