Prestige in MP scenarios

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Prestige in MP scenarios

Post by Edgewalker » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:39 pm

I found some topics about how is prestige calculated in single player/campaign.
How is it in multiplayer skirmish (balanced) games?
-Is it per turn depending on the cities controlled?
-Or is it just per city cap?
-Or for destroying units?
-Anything else I haven't mentioned?
:-)

PeteMitchell_2
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Prestige in MP scenarios

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:42 pm

I think you usually get something for captured cities and most of the times also per turn (but not always). What is more funky in some scenarios (e.g. AK) that you can't buy new units... :shock:

Gwaylare
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Gwaylare » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:38 pm

So I think there is not really a difference here between campaigns and multiplayer, when you just ask what do you get within a scenario.

First there is a constant amount of prestige you will get at the beginning of each turn. This is shown together with your total prestige.

Second you get 50 prestige for capturing a city or airfield and 100 prestige for a primary objective. This prestige is just given once to each side. So if axis captures an objective the get prestige and if allies captures the same objective after that, they will get the same prestige. After that no prestige will given to anyone, if control changes afterwards. So in multiplayer games just capture an objective, if you are ready to defend it again. If you just scrape through to a city it is likely you will loose it again next turn, giving 50 prestige to your opponent.

Third there is a bonus prestige for surrendering an opponent unit depending on the units strength and price.

Edgewalker

Post by Edgewalker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am

Thanks guys, what you say seem very reasonable, though I noticed the "I think" part :-)
Can we get some dev/official clarification?
I think many players would appreciate it

PeteMitchell_2

Post by PeteMitchell_2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Well, additional/official points of view are always appreciated, of course. The above is what I/we experienced while playing, I am not aware of much else at this point...

However, there are also special triggers for more (or a bulk of) prestige (either for you or your opponent), like in the Ardennes (i.e. Allies receive prestige when Axis troops are close by or have captured certain cities).

As said previously, Afrika Korps has some special scenarios as well...

Is there a specific reason for your question?

Edgewalker

Post by Edgewalker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 pm

PeteMitchell_2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:17 pm
Well, additional/official points of view are always appreciated, of course. The above is what I/we experienced while playing, I am not aware of much else at this point...

However, there are also special triggers for more (or a bulk of) prestige (either for you or your opponent), like in the Ardennes (i.e. Allies receive prestige when Axis troops are close by or have captured certain cities).

As said previously, Afrika Korps has some special scenarios as well...

Is there a specific reason for your question?
I'm just testing the game on mp skirmish scenarios now. Before I dive into historical scenarios multiplayer, I'd like to learn the ropes. Manual is not really helpful as it covers only the basics.
Same with the entrenchment, i'd like to know the numbers behind desciption. Manual only explains that 3 is more than 2 and that better entrenchment is in fact better than worse entrenchment :P

Edgewalker

Post by Edgewalker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:36 am

I haven't seen the one about the editor :-) I agree that this topics are mighty useful.
I plan to do all the historical scenarios here in multi as I'm just finishing the last Order of Battle historical scenarios (took me well over 500 hours, here I expect at least twice as much).

Return to “Panzer Corps”