How will Allied Corps be diffrent from Panzer Corps?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

EuroBoss
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

How will Allied Corps be diffrent from Panzer Corps?

Post by EuroBoss »

I know it's a way off.Guessing it would be called Allied Corps so what would be diffrent apart from a change of sides?
Also are there any plans for Pacific/Vietnam/WWI or a modern warfare versions of the game?
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

Just fielding a guess here, but even though I have no actual official voice, I think the name of the game, is not an indication that it is incapable of rendering allied formations which would be different in historical doctrine.

The name is mostly a concession to the way everyone thinks everything has to be German this and German that to be cool.

At least that is MY take on it.

I would hope the release does well, and spawns additional expansions to the game. I know I will be doing my part to see it does :)
JMLiege
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by JMLiege »

Personnally, only two of the SSI's five stars games are worth a rework: Fantasy General, and Peoples general. I dislike Allied general, Pacific general and especially Star general (one game too far)...

Just take a glance at the following : http://gamesclassic.webs.com/ssi5stargeneralgames.htm

But anyway, Allied Corps and Pacific Corps might be interesting in the hand of the The Lordz games. I've tested so far the BETA, and I'm already completely addict. :D

JM
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Please give us Allied and Pacific Corps!

Post by Jonesy1760 »

If these were done as well as the new Panzer Korps I would purchase them..!!!
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

I think the point that needs to be made, is it is possible we won't need to see any of the names at all.

Allied General was a separate game release and not an expansion.

I actually liked Pacific General though.

But I would prefer anything following Panzer Korps to arrive in a similar fashion to how BBC Battlefield Academy did it's first expansion.
We don't need separate games, we just need added content that adds to the game.

Sure hoping Panzer Korps can handle multi player the way BBC Battlefield Academy does as well.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

For those interested in Panzer General though, going with anything other than this option is likely the wrong choice.

http://panzercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45039

If you are going to play it, might as well do it properly.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

For those interested in Panzer General though, going with anything other than this option is likely the wrong choice.

http://panzercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45039
You are aware the guy who did this PG remake is the programmer and designer of Panzer Corps right?
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Now that's funny and reassuring at the same time, but no, I had not had the chance to connect those dots :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”