So it seems many would like Steel Panthers next

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

zonks
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: So it seems many would like Steel Panthers next

Post by zonks » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Wow!!!!!
This is awesome news :)

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by rayduhz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:45 pm

.......thanks for the necro.......

Halonation
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Halonation » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:53 am

I for one would love to see a remake of Steel Panthers, been waiting since '96.

I hope the recent post on the Matrix Forum (tm.asp?m=4278897) means something is finally coming about.

I have played both the branches of their predecessors and stumbled with incompatibility, instability, and aging graphics like a 2D voxel image that sort of looks tankish. Which is a shame because I loved this game, my friends and family loved this game and we all played either hot-seat or by email. This took the classic table top strategy/tactical games which where often simplified in unit types and nations and exploded the options and variability. Containing tanks, equipment and arms from so many nations, from so long a time span, put other games that focused only on one theater of the war to shame. Want to play the winter war Russia vs Finland you could, want to play American vs British, you could.

Assigning all the number hassle and dice rolling to random number generation and percentages based on equipment, tank crew skill, battlefield conditions all behind the scenes meant that you could enjoy a pure battle with a quick pace, rather then long drawn out multi sessions. Ease of equipment purchase, set up and deployment, and within 10 min you would have a 45min scenario laid out in front of you.

It has been 20 years and people are still talking and still playing this "classic" game. 20th Anniversary Edition now with amazing HD visuals, audio, video and coding, compatibility and modern OS platform capable...

OldFocker
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by OldFocker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Just found this thread. Has anyone recent news of a re-make of Steel Panthers (or Steel Tigers)? I played the original years ago but by today's standards the graphics are poor and various issues means it's stuck in 5:4 ratio with very low resolution. Would love to hear the latest on the SP development front. I hope it hasn't been shelved.

Slimak81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Slimak81 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 pm

I would buy Steel Panzers reborn even if not 3d. That game is awesome. It's like a Steel Division 2 but with a campaign generator. I cant play Steel Division 2 with a battalion of poor infantry + some weak tanks and create a massive core punch all around army to the end of campaing.
Idea: Make same steel panthers but with more friendly graphics, add more options to campaing generation fully customizible, add Eastern front + west front stock campaigns and get money.
Easy )

Return to “Panzer Corps”