Congratulations on an Excellent Game

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

JamesNUFC
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Congratulations on an Excellent Game

Post by JamesNUFC » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:32 am

Just recently purchased Panzercorps, along with the '39 and '40 DLC. I had decided to test it out by playing a errrr 'friends' game, and was glued in no time. What made the original PG so good was what I like to call 'charm'. Very good games (imo) have this trait; combine that with a solid format, etc you've got a winner.

I generally play on General difficulty, I don't have the stuff for harder than that atm. I hope you guys at Slitherine keep updating and adding content to this one.

P.S. Love the audio of the weapons firing, they are (with the exception of Wehrmacht halftrack MG's) very good!

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 am

Welcome to the forum.
Take a look at the modding thread in the Scenarios Design section of the forum.
There's some content that you might find interesting.

JamesNUFC

Post by JamesNUFC » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:32 am

Hi,

Thanks VPaulus, I have already downloaded the 'Historical Insignia Pack'.

Durin1978
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Durin1978 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:25 am

I just can back this up.
Very good game.
I am a bit curious, where can we inform us how succesful the game is? Meaning how often the main game was sold and how many dlcs were purchased. I am very curious about that, because very often game developers and publishers state that turn based games are not up to date and are no spot to earn money. This game is my personal example that proves them wrong, but I really would like to get some numbers, if this info is allowed to be publicly shared.

Ranta
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ranta » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:12 am

since you mentioned the autio files, in the mod section is a "sound mod", maybe this even increases the games qulity :)

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:43 am

Sorry we are not able to release specific on numbers. All we can say is we hit our month 1 forecasts in 24 hours.

Durin1978
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Durin1978 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Sad for me that such specifics are not meant for the public eye. Then just keep going doing such a great job and I personally hope that we will have a lot of dlcs, some add-ons and hopefully also successors. There is that much history to base a game on. And I really would like to see a game like Panzercorps for the Vietnam war. There are so many shooters about that war and even some action games, but no turn based game I would know of.

macattack
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by macattack » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 pm

All we can say is we hit our month 1 forecasts in 24 hours.
Well I guess that eliminated the in-house arguments around whether or not to start developing the rest of the 5-star series.

:)

kjeld111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by kjeld111 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 pm

It's great that you had so much of a deserved success (+ critical acclaim). Would be nice to know if the DLC sold as well too.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Yes they're doing well too :)

OmegaMan1
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by OmegaMan1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Wonderful news, Ian. Success that is richly deserved! :)

JamesNUFC

Post by JamesNUFC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:46 am

VPaulus,

I also downloaded the sound mod you and Razz put together, and that's exactly what I was looking for! Great for the immersion imo.

Out of curiosity though, how did you get accurate sound clips for all those tanks? Are they in fact unit, specific?

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:27 am

Yes, they are unit specific.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:58 am

JamesNUFC wrote:Out of curiosity though, how did you get accurate sound clips for all those tanks? Are they in fact unit, specific?
There are some WWII reenactments, air festivals, tank festivals all over the world. Some people are still trying to recover and preserve the old machines. The Americans love everything related with weapons, so there's a lot of American equipment, at least in terms of armoured vehicles, aircraft and guns (with the exception of big guns).
The British, as usual are proud of their past, so there's a lot of stuff well preserved, that once in a while get out of the museums.
The German material is found all over the world. German militaria has always attracted people from the five continents.
The Russians have a lot of preserved equipment, but most I think it doesn't come out.
The French, well, the armoured it's ok. But the aircraft... Lets us say that probably we'll find more easily Nieuports and Spads from WWI then any WWII aircraft.
The Italian, forget it. It's really hard to obtain anything Italian from WWII. At least I wasn't able. And they had a lot of different equipment.

Unfortunately not every equipment is available. So some sounds are shared. So, for example, all Panzer III have more or less the same sound. It's impossible to get sounds of each Panzer III model. We're using for Panzer IV a sound of a StugIV, which has basically the same structure and engine. And so on.

JamesNUFC

Post by JamesNUFC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 am

Well you did a bang up job VP, keep up the good work!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:53 pm

I just had time to some quick play through the tutorials, and then played the first turns of some late-war scns. The first impression is certainly great, so I want to chime in on the "congrats" part. Looks like this will be one of my long-time favorites like the orginal PG/AG games. :)

Some concern I have from the quick play: the AI sometimes races directly to the front with Inf or Arty in transports, even if it has other units nearby that reveal enemy positions so it could move more carefully or dismount. This occured often in PG Forever (still a great game overall), and I think gave the human player quite some advantage. Is this regular AI behaviour here too?

Minor thing about the German translation: Sov Guards are labeled "Wachen" in German. While this is formally not a wrong translation, since "guards" can have indeed that meaning, it is somewhat misleading. "Wachen" here are usually guys that guard something, like prison guards, but the term is uncommon for frontline combat units. May I suggest using "Garde" or "Gardeinfantrie", that would fit better IMO.

Aside from this it's all looking great and I'm looking forward to play this intensively. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”