DLC career decisions

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

DLC career decisions

Post by rayduhz » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 am

I realize we only have 3 DLC's out (and I must say I truly love all the work and design put into them), but are there plans in the works to create DLC's with optional career paths/campaigns? As it stands right now we go from Poland 39' to the West 40', then directly to Russia 41' (quick stop in the Balkans).

Will we ever have the option to invade England in 40' with a DV at the Maginot Line, choose to enter North Africa in 41' instead of heading to Belgrade with a MV at the Maginot Line, defend Italy in 43' instead of participating in the Operation Citadel, etc. All similar choices we had in the original PG.

HeinzG
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by HeinzG » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:24 am

With the new structure offered in the DLC's, your requests will be a possible option in the future. I have no idea what the developers plans are after the current 39 - 45 DLC scenarios but imho an Africa Corps could be well on their list. I think they might first release PzC: Africa Corps and then include it in a further DLC campaign as other scenarios.

As I can pretty much understand the requests for additional content, we have to respect the effort the developer already puts in this game with the updates and DLC's. I dont think they lack ideas - it is more a matter of manpower to realize their plans. :)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:48 am

As Heinz said, the system is entirely set up to allow divergent campaigns. Our initial plan is to complete the DLCs straight through to 1945 so we have one complete World War 2 historical campaign. After that, it is entirely possible to start creating alternate campaigns for other theatres of the war. Africa may include an option to import DLC 1940 cores, but we won't know what's in store until we are ready to make an official announcement.

Return to “Panzer Corps”