Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Panzer Corps v1.10 Changelog

Post by Longasc »

Keep up the good work!

Maybe I should now finally finish the DLC campaign, or start over again! :)

I am wondering how I missed the mail that there is an update, meh! :(
Longasc

Post by Longasc »

Regarding the trouble with the rating in Germany and having to censor out all the symbols etc. etc. ...:

I am feeling with Lord Zimoa and the team, Germany still hasn't really coped with what happened in WW2. By now restrictive laws meant to de-nazify Germany rather help radical groups IMO and prevent a neutral discussion that should be the hallmark of a free society. It's always extremely loaded to talk about anything WW2 related in Germany and if you want to be on the save side you start by expressing your utter disgust several times in every sentence, unless you want to risk being called a Nazi.

Playing Panzer General or Panzer Corps in Germany isn't easy at times, people often look at you like you are slaughtering and eating babies.
Yeah people really believe you are a Nazi if you tell them that you play Panzer Corps.

Nevertheless Amazon.de has EXTREMELY positive (and IMO well deserved) ratings of Panzer Corps, despite all the problems and odds stacked against it!
I sincerely hope and I am quite confident that the people who voted there are not intending to glorify the Third Reich but are just thrilled by Panzer Corps. :)
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

This patch seems to be absolutely great. "Seems" because I only installed it, but had not much time yet to try things out. I skimmed some forum threads dealing with the novelties and looked a bit into the editor to find out about new possibilities.

Can't say I' understand it all now, but what I've seen so far is very nice overall, esp. since I remember many of those features being discussed and requested here before.

My personal favorites are those new transport options and all the new AI and trigger settings usable in the editor.

One thing coming to my mind right now for a further patch would be more UI enhancements, like having more info ready when buying units (traits, switches).

But anyway...For now thanks to anyone involved making this game even better, and keep up with the good work :)
billmv44
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by billmv44 »

Can you supply any more details on - "Corrected balance in Iron Cross Red Star map."
I'm in the middle of a multiplayer game on this map now.
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
Allied Corps Beta Tester
deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by deducter »

I can't seem to get the diff.pzdat file to work correctly. For instance, I changed Player Prestige on Rommel to 25, yet when I start a new campaign it still uses the old setting of 50.
orlinos
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by orlinos »

deducter wrote:I can't seem to get the diff.pzdat file to work correctly. For instance, I changed Player Prestige on Rommel to 25, yet when I start a new campaign it still uses the old setting of 50.
I just checked and it works for me (it's even possible to copy the file to the DLC's Data folder and have separate difficulties for each year).

Are you sure you changed the right column? The numbers align perfectly in Excel, but not so in Notepad.
Piotr 'Orlinos' Kozlowski
deducter

Post by deducter »

I used Excel 2010 to edit the file, and despite changing values, it has no effect on the game.
deducter

Post by deducter »

I also noticed a small bug with the "reform units" cheat: the kill/losses statistics is not updated to include the losses incurred when a unit is destroyed.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

deducter wrote:I used Excel 2010 to edit the file, and despite changing values, it has no effect on the game.
If you are using Excel, it locks the file and the game cannot load it, so it has to use default values. Make sure you close the file in Excel before testing. Also, do try to use Notepad. Let me know if this does not work.
deducter

Post by deducter »

I tried using both Excel and Notepad and I couldn't get any of the changes to work.

I always used Excel in the past to edit the .pzdat and .pzeqp file and it works perfectly. I'm not sure why I'm having trouble now, but other players are not...
AgentTBC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by AgentTBC »

Was something changed with regard to prestige from disbanded units? I don't see anything in the changelog but in the old game I used to disband crappy units for the prestige but I no longer seem to receive any.

edit: uh, never mind. I'm dumb.
dragos

Post by dragos »

Rudankort wrote:
soldier wrote: - I appreciate the fixes to heroes but I'd like to be able to see what they offer during gameplay without 3 mouse clicks. The dots don't really tell me anything useful, and its a difficult to keep track of where all your heroes are in battle and thus use them effectively.
Any specific ideas how to integrate this information into existing UI?
I suggest color code the dots. The number of dots should not equal the number of leaders but the number of increased attributes.
For example: red - attack, blue - defense, green - movement, yellow initiative etc
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

I suggest color code the dots. The number of dots should not equal the number of leaders but the number of increased attributes.
For example: red - attack, blue - defense, green - movement, yellow initiative etc
A very good idea
So far the devs are offering lots of objections and seem reluctant to add anything to the unit panel or screen so this could be an alternative. Perhaps even a thin line under the strength display made up of three colours as even the dots are hard to notice on my TV
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Color coded dots are potentially nice to have, but it brings up a problem with is its affect on colorblind players.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Kerensky wrote:Color coded dots are potentially nice to have, but it brings up a problem with is its affect on colorblind players.
They will see the dots about the same as now, so at least it will not be worse for them than it already is. I'm more concerned about what Lukas will say about the aesthetics of this solution. :)
blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blindsey »

Rudankort and VPaulus, you are both incredibly patient people, thank you for explaining everything so patiently and politely. And thank you for such a great game.

I agree with the majority so far, I would like to see the cheat made into an option to recall destroyed units. Remembering to turn it on is a pain. After about 3 or 4 years into the DLC Grand Campaign (for about the 4th time, yes we replay content), if you lose a beloved 4 star unit with 3 heroes, what do most of us do (be honest), we simply replay the allied turn over (and over) again until the unit is not destroyed, and then continue. There is no penalty when doing this. With your new cheat, if it were an option, I think most of us would use it and therefore would be penalized (properly) for being so stupid as to leave the aforementioned unit defenseless in the first place.

I do have one complaint, I literally just finished (massively) modding the old version the day before you came out with DAK. It took me about a month to get 1.05 perfect the way I wanted it. Now I have to start all over with the new DAK improvements! Grrrrrr. :)

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
BlindsEye
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

blindsey wrote: I do have one complaint, I literally just finished (massively) modding the old version the day before you came out with DAK. It took me about a month to get 1.05 perfect the way I wanted it. Now I have to start all over with the new DAK improvements! Grrrrrr. :)
Hi BlindsEye! You need to redo your work because you want to use some new features from 1.10, or because something which worked with 1.05 does not work with it? If so, what exactly?
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

Kerensky wrote:Color coded dots are potentially nice to have, but it brings up a problem with is its affect on colorblind players.
What if the hero attributes popped up in a little notification window while hovering the pointer over the dot(s)? Like they do in the unit battle history screen, but all at once rather than hero by hero.
blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blindsey »

Hi Rudankort
I was teasing. I assume that I have to update my e file, graphics sound file, etc, to make them work with v1.10. I had added purchasable minor axis units so I will have to revert back to your new system, etc, and a few other things that you have now done in version 1.10. I will do that this weekend. My mod is basically a compilation of many of the other mods that the great modders on this forum have posted, along with my own custom e-file.

I do have a question: After being purchased, how does PC recognize SE/bonus units after that? Where is that tracked, in the saved game file? (I wish there was a saved game file editor.) How does it know which unit is a bonus unit going into the next scenario/campaign? Do they have to retain the "SE" in their short and/or long name? I want to swap out the SE units for the SS units but once, when I tried to do that, during the start of the next campaign I just ended up with more regular/SS units and no SE units and it started giving me SE units again, so I broke something. So I have left both SE and SS units in the game for now but would like to remove SE units and replace them with SS units (for historical purposes, screw the German government censorship, I am an American whose grandfather and father both fought in WW2, my grandfather in N Africa and my father in Europe, in fact my grandfather fought in WW1 as well).

Again, thanks for a great game, and for making it "modable/hackable" for those of us who love to tinker!
Last edited by blindsey on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy »

blindsey wrote:In case anyone is wondering, this is what I did in "my" mod/hack, which is mostly a compilation of other mods with my e file:
- I included the Big Sound Mod from the forum.
I think you meant either the "Big Units Mod" or the "Real Sound Mod". :mrgreen:

Return to “Panzer Corps”