What game would you like to see next?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Would you prefer a Western Allies Campaign or a Soviet Campaign?

Western Allies
63%
Soviets
25%
No preference
13%

Total votes: 260

Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Fedem » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 pm

I would like a western allies campaign starting from 1939 with the capability to play it from both sides.

Cheers!

Spikester
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Spikester » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:53 pm

Just more would be good :)

Tempest
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Tempest » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm

FOARP wrote: Didn't know the history behind Pacific General, but yes, I also found it a dissapointment. The biggest problem for me was realising that the AI almost never moved its artillery - literally you could set it up so it was supposed to attack you, and the AI would move its tanks/infantry forward leaving artillery in its starting location to be wiped out after you had finished the (unsupported) infantry and tanks. The same problem was in Panzer General II actually.
Few AI's attack well. PG/AG moved its artillery, but stupidly. "PG Forever" (Rudankort's beta remake of PG and the prototype of PzC) AI is completely suicidal with its artillery!
As a designer/editor of PacGen scens, I only placed artillery in protected spots at an objective, never in the field (unless part of an important siege), and gave the attacker more tactical bombers or stronger ground units since they couldnt count on artillery support. You have to work with the short-comings of whatever AI you are dealing with.

But back to the thread topic, I do vote for an official German naval Z-Plan hypothetical standalone like AK, too in addition to British/American ETO, Japanese PTO/CBI, and American PTO. :) :) :) :)

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Dragoon. » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 pm

FOARP wrote:
People's General, on the other hand, was an awesome product and I'd love to see it come back. Star General and Fantasy General also rate, though Star General had pretty basic AI as well. Actually I'd love to see Slith/Lorz/Matrix get their hands on Empire of the Faded Suns as well, but that's OT.
Glad I'm not the only one who think People's General was one of the bests. Maybe the scenario was not to everyone taste, but then certainly for the game mechanics. The spotting system was so sophisticated that any other PG like game has to measure against it. It's the one thing where PzC just sucks.
I loved PeG's unit customization and the random events when capturing critical cities (bonus prestige, bonus exp, hero, prototype unit or an accelerated arrival for the next unit upgrade in line).

Fantasy General was great for the new theme, the wonderful narrative tales at the beginning of each new continent (the voice actor+++), the general characters with distinctive traits and unit research. FG soundtrack was one of the best I ever heard in game and I'm saying this with 20 years gaming history behind me. When playing Fantasy General I had the feeling the developers did not made this game because they were paid to do it, but because they wanted to play this game themselves. The love you found in even the littlest of details.

Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:56 pm

Again I stated before.. I loved fantasy general!! I would love a remake of that!!

tripecac
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tripecac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:40 pm

I've love to see Slitherine's take on Fantasy General!

So my vote is for Fantasy Corps!

Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 pm

I agree with tripecac!!

testarossa
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by testarossa » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Has anyone mentioned/discussed a Arab-Isreali war series as a addon to Afrika Korp?

Delta66

Post by Delta66 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:17 pm

I vote for a Russian GC.

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BubbaK » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:22 pm

The American Civil War or Napoleonics. I know you would have to change art work but you would only need 6 or 7 unit types.

Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:38 pm

BubbaK that is a great idea!

derflensburger

Post by derflensburger » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:41 pm

BubbaK wrote:The American Civil War or Napoleonics. I know you would have to change art work but you would only need 6 or 7 unit types.
I'd like that as well, but I don't agree on the low number of required unit types. Experts could certainly come up with lots of ideas.
Wer Wind sät, wird Sturm ernten!

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BubbaK » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Probally but I'm thinking of the developers, we don't want to send them to their Gettysburg or Waterloo right away. You would need light and heavy artillery, Line and volinter infantry, light and heavy cavalry to start with than you start building from there. American Civil War starts a Bullrun in the East then you can have a Western campaign, Napoleonics, Mariengo. sorry if spelling is no there.

Blitz1945
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Blitz1945 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:15 am

There is also light canon heavy canon siege guns light Calvary heavy Calvary guerilla fighters bush whackers in the south zouaves sharpshooters skirmishes

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BubbaK » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 am

You also have horse artillery to add to this. I'm thinking of the corp you would have, in the civil war confederate side, Lee had no more than 3 corp so that would be the easiest to develop to start with. You would need infantry, artillery, cavalry, horse cavalry. I was thinking more of a tree of the bigger battles, Bullrun-Antietam-Fredericksburg-Chancellorsville-Gettysburg-Wilderness-Spotsylvania-Cold harbor. You could then develop the union in the west.

Delta66

Post by Delta66 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:49 am

I have a lot of interest in historical games, but a SF theme wwould be could, I was a fan of the Battle Isles serie.

jayman

Post by jayman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Yea, a Sc-Fi game would be good. Star General was rubbish though imho. I liked Battle Isle 2, but I was never able to finish it! I never played Fantasy General unfortunately.

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BubbaK » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Hammer Slammer's would be a good one to do in this area.

jayman

Post by jayman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:12 pm

I see someone is doing a modern war campaign. Something like that would be good, like the old (I'm talking 20 years ago on an Amstrad!!) game Battlefield Germany, which was a fictional war with the Soviets and NATO. You could have Kuwait and Iraq scenarios as well.

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BubbaK » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:32 pm

This game engine has a lot of possibilities always had. You could do Korea and Nam! What was that board game based on the move on Nam wasn't it also Platoon, that would be interesting taking this game engine to a one man type of situation. How about doing a Beau Giest type of thing, lots of possibilities.

Return to “Panzer Corps”