Panzer Corps 1.5 Wish List!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

PAWSlither
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Panzer Corps 1.5 Wish List!

Post by PAWSlither » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 am

Slither,

I would love PzC to add in 2 main things, upgrade to Naval, Night turns.

From the original PacGen manual.

Naval:
Night:
Special:
Sub:

PAW

PAWSlither
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Panzer Corps 1.5 Wish List!

Post by PAWSlither » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 am

If anyone interested, the complete Pacific General manual:

http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/paw/ ... Manual.pdf

PAW

naughtybalrog
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by naughtybalrog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 pm

I would support a night turn ~ one where units recover / heal / regroup and some have limited operating abilily. May be boring for some players though. I like the sneak attack element of night where you could move up infantry under cover of darkness and at sunrise...

Also like the naval idea but unlikely to see this fleshed out unless there were to be a comittment to a Pacific Theater expansion. Keep your fingers crossed.

One of the areas in the above manual that you didn't address was Combat Air Patrol. While CAP is replicated in PzC,it could be argued that interceptors could reach beyond the adjacent hex (within appropriate FOW rules). This ability would be enhanced by any use of radar. Leave a fighter on CAP over area of airfield and truly reach out and touch someone.
Your idea has been a catalyst for a new dynamic: selected aircraft ingress routes that are not a beeline for the target hex. Mongo's excellent mod "Elite Units" has Recon Move for select aircraft. As they say in Cali: "totally bitchin". So why not expend this for bomber and tactical aircraft. If I were on the airstaff planning an interdiction mission, I sure as hell would avoid likely routes that would be heavily defended. It is unrealistic to not be able to pick which route a unit advances.

robman
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by robman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:35 pm

naughtybalrog wrote:It is unrealistic to not be able to pick which route a unit advances.
Not only unrealistic, but contrary to the spirit of the game. I would love it if it were possible to set the path of a unit's movement by moving the cursor from hex to hex, from the original position to the desired destination. Clicking the destination hex would then implement the chosen route. In terms of the user interface, this would not be significantly different from the current system, but it would mean a huge change in gameplay.

dragos

Post by dragos » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I would like to have the possibility at the deployment to reinforce units with one strength point at a time, for both green and veteran replacements. For example by SHIFT+clicking on replacements button. This way I can add a mix of green and veteran strength points so I can fine tune the resulting experience.

robman

Post by robman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:07 pm

dragos wrote:I would like to have the possibility at the deployment to reinforce units with one strength point at a time, for both green and veteran replacements. For example by SHIFT+clicking on replacements button. This way I can add a mix of green and veteran strength points so I can fine tune the resulting experience.
+1

boredatwork
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by boredatwork » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:37 pm

dragos wrote:I would like to have the possibility at the deployment to reinforce units with one strength point at a time, for both green and veteran replacements. For example by SHIFT+clicking on replacements button. This way I can add a mix of green and veteran strength points so I can fine tune the resulting experience.
I would go for something like this. However implementation would not be so simple to implement. Currently clicking replacements ends a units turn. You would have allow for additional clicks and answer questions like will I be able to part reinforce, leave the unit, capture something for prestige, then go back to the unit and continue clicking?

Probably the easiest implementation to avoid impacting the current rules would be have a dialogue box with two sliders pop up then manipulate the sliders to balance the experience loss versus prestige hit, then hit ok and have all the replacements added at once.

robman

Post by robman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Or the experienced replacements button could be +1, leaving open the option of additional clicks until max reached, while the green replacement button would be "to 10." So if you had, say, a unit at 6, you could click veteran twice to get to 8 (for example), then green to bring it to 10.

huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:35 am

robman wrote:Or the experienced replacements button could be +1, leaving open the option of additional clicks until max reached, while the green replacement button would be "to 10." So if you had, say, a unit at 6, you could click veteran twice to get to 8 (for example), then green to bring it to 10.
+2 :mrgreen:

boredatwork

Post by boredatwork » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:06 pm

robman wrote:Or the experienced replacements button could be +1, leaving open the option of additional clicks until max reached, while the green replacement button would be "to 10." So if you had, say, a unit at 6, you could click veteran twice to get to 8 (for example), then green to bring it to 10.
Not a fan of this idea - if the developers make the change they might as well make it for maximum flexibility.

I can think of some situations where I would want to add the 2 green replacements first, followed by the 2 elite replacements.

And again either of your solutions is a simple interface change *in the deployment phase* but you still have to answer the question of how your interface will work *during the scenario.* Clicking either button currently ends a units turn so to be able to click multiple buttons a turn you have to change the rules - ie will you allow multiple clicks as long as the unit remains selected? Or will players be able to go back and select units again and continue to add reinforcements?

dragos

Post by dragos » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I would be happy it is implemented only between scenarios, during deployment phase, since during a scenario I rarely use replacements, and almost exclusively green replacements.

robman

Post by robman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 pm

boredatwork wrote:Not a fan of this idea - if the developers make the change they might as well make it for maximum flexibility.

I can think of some situations where I would want to add the 2 green replacements first, followed by the 2 elite replacements.

And again either of your solutions is a simple interface change *in the deployment phase* but you still have to answer the question of how your interface will work *during the scenario.* Clicking either button currently ends a units turn so to be able to click multiple buttons a turn you have to change the rules - ie will you allow multiple clicks as long as the unit remains selected? Or will players be able to go back and select units again and continue to add reinforcements?
(1) The only reason I didn't suggest "+1 per click for both" (green and veteran) was in the interests of balancing the amount of additional mouse clicking (ease of interface) with the ability to mix green and veteran replacements. Personally, I would like "+1 per click for both," as you suggest, better than the status quo ("to 10 per click for both").

(2) Assuming some variant of the "+1 per click" change is in effect, I don't see why the player should not be able to reselect and add more reinforcements to units that have done nothing else in the turn, even if another unit has been selected in the meantime. But once a unit has received even +1 green, it cannot do anything else BUT receive reinforcements, up to 10. How does that sound?

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Incremental reinforcements could act like the Sentry/Sleep button - as long as the unit doesn't attack or move, it is available. As soon as it's used the unit cannot move or attack but the player can return to the unit to add more reinforcement steps through the turn. This has been discussed many times in the last 12 months since beta and my opinion is, if the developers haven't added it by now they probably won't at all.

robman

Post by robman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:02 pm

El_Condoro wrote:Incremental reinforcements could act like the Sentry/Sleep button - as long as the unit doesn't attack or move, it is available. As soon as it's used the unit cannot move or attack but the player can return to the unit to add more reinforcement steps through the turn. This has been discussed many times in the last 12 months since beta and my opinion is, if the developers haven't added it by now they probably won't at all.
Well, a girl can dream, can't she? :wink:

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Indeed she can. :)

PAWSlither
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by PAWSlither » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm

CAP was a good point above, need that too. I am just giving more ideas since the question was being asked what next...

Got to have dreams...

PAW

Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:06 am

robman wrote:[

(1) The only reason I didn't suggest "+1 per click for both" (green and veteran) was in the interests of balancing the amount of additional mouse clicking (ease of interface) with the ability to mix green and veteran replacements. Personally, I would like "+1 per click for both," as you suggest, better than the status quo ("to 10 per click for both").

(2) Assuming some variant of the "+1 per click" change is in effect, I don't see why the player should not be able to reselect and add more reinforcements to units that have done nothing else in the turn, even if another unit has been selected in the meantime. But once a unit has received even +1 green, it cannot do anything else BUT receive reinforcements, up to 10. How does that sound?
I have wished for this quite a bit, too. Sometimes I want to mix units to maximize limited resources. My idea was to have an "A" and "B" option on the elite panel - when you moused over it, you were given an "A" choice of all elite, full price, or a "B" of 50/50, half the cost.

Not as perfect as incremental, but it's one-click and done to keep the UI interface continuity. Whatever the mechanism, being able to mix green/elite would be a real boost for prestige and unit management.

chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:11 pm

There is a post in the MATRIX forum by a player who has a good request:

He would like to have the ability to set the stance of the 88AT/AA gun during setup phase. As it is now it sets up only in the AA mode.

Just passing along. 8)

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:34 pm

chief wrote:There is a post in the MATRIX forum by a player who has a good request:

He would like to have the ability to set the stance of the 88AT/AA gun during setup phase. As it is now it sets up only in the AA mode.

Just passing along. 8)
88AT is a separate unit in the equipment table. Cannot he just place 88AT instead of 88AA?

Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Rudankort wrote: 88AT is a separate unit in the equipment table. Cannot he just place 88AT instead of 88AA?
:lol: ...the obvious is the obvious

while Iam at it...
Iam still begging for sending AI units to hex xxx,xxx instead or additionally to zones
and increase the number of zones cause everything added beyond 32 is ignored...looks like 4 bit ..
make it 8 bit to have at least 64 zones ...or make even 32 bit availabe so we can manually add up to
256 zones

and the heroes.pzdat would be awesome :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”