Heroes

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Heroes

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Since it has been mentioned in other threads that new heroes have been introduced with AK and GC West, I'd like to ask what types of heroes do exist now in total?
Is there a list?
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Heroes

Post by robman »

I have not seen new types, if by "type" we mean the underlying unit values: heroes still appear to be restricted to attack, defense, spotting, movement, range, and initiative. However, some of the "plus" values are higher than before, at least for reinforcements, like attack +5 for one of the Italian SP guns that appears in AK. And in GC West, if you start with the stock core, some of the "heroes" have multiple values, up to three (for one hero). This is also true of the reinforcement aircraft that appear in Messina--and when reinforced to full strength, doing Spinal Tap one better, those go up to 12.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

That's why I was asking for a list of all possible combinations.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

robman wrote:However, some of the "plus" values are higher than before, at least for reinforcements, like attack +5 for one of the Italian SP guns that appears in AK.
I assumed this one is given via editor, so you cannot get +5 guys randomly for your units. I didn't check though, maybe I'm wrong.
Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer »

bebro wrote:
robman wrote:However, some of the "plus" values are higher than before, at least for reinforcements, like attack +5 for one of the Italian SP guns that appears in AK.
I assumed this one is given via editor, so you cannot get +5 guys randomly for your units. I didn't check though, maybe I'm wrong.
Right, the "new" heroes aren't new, they are just some reward and bonus units with multiple heroes built in to give them some extra juice to make them fun, interesting, or competitive. Or all three. ;) There are some "more than 3" heroes, but those are built in to those few award units and not new things you can earn. Some are done creatively to simulate historical units - like strat bombers with +10 (or something) attack to simulate the Fritz-X bombs (Taranto scenario, CG 43W). These are aux units you use one scenario, not take with you.
brettz123
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by brettz123 »

Your units can get the following heroes:

Attack +3
Attack +2
Attack +1

Defense +3
Defense +2
Defense +1

Initiative +3
Initiative +2
Initiative +1

Spotting +1

Range +1

Movement +1

I believe when they said that Afrika Corps added heroes they literally meant it added pictures of heroes. Your units can not get any new heroes after Afrika Corps then it could have before Afrika Corps. The only caveat to that is that several units in that you get in the game come with odd heroes already attached like an Italian self-propelled artilley with an Attack +5 hero.
Grimwar
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Grimwar »

If you edit a campain or are creating one, and you wish to add a hero, then when in the ScenarioEditor.exe.
shift+click on a unit and then the hero tab and after you add a name + a Image from the heroes.pzdat. You may include any combo of hero traits, ie just 1 hero may have all, i tried +7 attach +7 def +7 int +7 move +7 spot +7 range.
They all add up on just 1 hero, appart from +range to non range units.

Return to “Panzer Corps”