DLC Update Thread

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Jelinobas » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 pm

DLC 39
Modlin on Map 05 Kampinska Forest, End Turn 16

Modlin on Map 06 Modlin, Start Turn 01

Horst
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Horst » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Usually, the AI artillery/AA doesn’t come with transports on maps. It could be advantageous if a transport is added in scenarios where the AI is on the offense.
As example the EscapefromStalingrad (42) where one AA and artillery is north of Pan’shino or the artillery south-west of Ryumino. These can’t keep up with the other units closing the pocket. There are many more examples throughout the DLCs.
It feels in general so strange that all these many enemy towed guns on maps come without transport. Sure, it costs more prestige to replace with transport, but I wouldn’t care if the AI gets a slight boost to the prestige pool as compensation. It would add more plausibility and maybe more flexibility for the AI.

huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:24 pm

:shock: Can't see your 2 latest pics, jelinobas. Out of bandwidth :?:

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Jelinobas wrote:DLC 39
Modlin on Map 05 Kampinska Forest, End Turn 16
Modlin on Map 06 Modlin, Start Turn 01
OR
Jelinobas wrote:DLC 39 Scenario (03) Lodz:
I killed "General Kutrzeba" In Scenario (04) Piatek he comes back from the Death? :shock:
Yes, these obejectives/units/heroes should be not available or reachable in former scenarios (e.g. a non-passable minefield or in the case of "General Kutrzeba": rename/remove the unit)

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Those addtional information in the last DLC (8, 9 and 10) like
- maximium experience
- amount of SE-units
- historical information
should be added for each DLC/scenario.

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Just some minor observation from GC'40:
- Sedan: Sea (11, 12) in the Maas
- Stonne: River Bar (5, 3) does not flow in the Maas

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Forgot one little thing especially for Poltava in GC'44: every core heavy AA has a medium halftrack as transport unit (in most sceanrios also the aux heavy AA from GC41 to GC 45 east have SdKfz 250/1 or SdKfz 251/1). Perhaps they can be equipped with SdKfz 7 like the heavy AA that can be purchased. I don't know if heavy artillery is also equipped with the medium (and faster) transport unit but if they are they should also be equipped with heavy halftrack.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 am

Good feedback, thanks! A few comments though.

AI was deliberately stripped of transports because of complaints they were not being used intelligently (driving trucks right up to the player's units was a big problem pre-DLC). Even though this was somewhat addressed in patches since, the effect artillery can have will still most likely keep them transport-less.

Foreshadowing units and locations, such as Modlin, will most likely not be changed because it takes monumental effort, multiple replays, custom mods, or just plain cheats, to 'defeat' them.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 am

KeldorKatarn wrote:Well, there's a few cities with wrong names (see my DLC critique thread), some lakes and rivers wrongly named or missing, some maps named incorrectly...
While we appreciate this level of diligence, I have to remind everyone that for game play purposes, we often have to move or modify geographical locations which often leads them not being fit to perfect scale. Where possible we will improve these issues, especially Poznan for example, but most of the time these maps are intentionally built as such, and moving cities and adding or removing rivers can have a seriously detrimental effect on the game play.

Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 am

Kerensky wrote:
Foreshadowing units and locations, such as Modlin, will most likely not be changed because it takes monumental effort, multiple replays, custom mods, or just plain cheats, to 'defeat' them.
The Mods i use only graphical. :roll: Cheat, yes: Load/Save. :oops:

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Kerensky wrote:
KeldorKatarn wrote:Well, there's a few cities with wrong names (see my DLC critique thread), some lakes and rivers wrongly named or missing, some maps named incorrectly...
While we appreciate this level of diligence, I have to remind everyone that for game play purposes, we often have to move or modify geographical locations which often leads them not being fit to perfect scale. Where possible we will improve these issues, especially Poznan for example, but most of the time these maps are intentionally built as such, and moving cities and adding or removing rivers can have a seriously detrimental effect on the game play.
Sure but we should still report wrong names and missing rivers or just obvious errors shouldn't we? Btw how much time is left?

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 am

I would like to see an update to the editor:

Click show statistics.
Add:

1) Number of flags, number Allies, number Axis
2) Number of units and type and side. Example below
Allies:
Infantry 5
Tanks 3
AA 2
AT 3
Recon 1
Fighter 3
Bomber 2
Tactical bomber 3

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:37 am

KeldorKatarn wrote:Sure but we should still report wrong names and missing rivers or just obvious errors shouldn't we? Btw how much time is left?
Any reports are always welcome. :)
Though there's not much time left, and we are mostly focused on game play improvements and using features that previously didn't exist when some of the early DLC were released.

KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Will it be possible later on to fix simple stuff like misspelled city names etc via patch or something?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:32 pm

KeldorKatarn wrote:Will it be possible later on to fix simple stuff like misspelled city names etc via patch or something?
Since patching DLC is a very different process than updating the base game, this will most likely be a one time update. I wouldn't worry though, we've made a host of text base corrections as is, there shouldn't be a need for more in the future. :)

zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 pm

If it is possible and won't change game balance too much I would like to have some mines in 44 or 45 East campaign: there are really useful in defense scenarios.
Just a second suggestion: I think it was written before but I would like to remeber "Königsberg" (instead of "Konigsburg").

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 am

Mines are a good suggestion, and definitely on the menu!

robman
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by robman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 pm

On the "unit" front, I think it would be fun and reasonably "accurate" to make the Kradschützen available earlier (from the beginning even) and to make them recon/infantry switchable, à la the Sahariana in AK. It shouldn't upset game balance very much.

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Anfield » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:47 am

Id like to see medium and smaller towed anti tank guns given a 2 movement. So that be for the Pak40 and smaller, and for allies, 6lbs and 75mm. Why? No one uses them because the 1 movement just makes them useless when 9 out of 10 times we are the attacker. Take a look at the couple topics on the forum were people list their core forces, none have towed anti tank guns but for 88mm and they double as AA gun. And with a limited core number, a towed anti tank gun is just not useful to have sadly. Now as for worrying it might change the game, I dont think it would that much, im guessing they wont be taken in many core lists even at a 2 movement, I know id take them :-P

And what about AA units being able to shoot at ground troups, not just on defense, wouldnt mind seeing that put in the game too.

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by captainjack » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 am

Given that AT guns were intended mainly for close terrain relatively static defence, I would not be keen on seeing increased mobility, even for the lighter models, although I can see that it would increase their appeal. In the early stages, the Panzerjager provides mobility and better striking power for a manageable cost - I usually have one or two of these well before buying any tanks. I currently (1942 East) have a retired 3* +3Defence panzerjager (converted from the original 37mm AT gun which had 2* at the time), waiting until it can be upgraded into something meaner.

Until recently, I wouldn't touch towed AT, except in the scenarios where you get given them, but I have grown to like them - they are cheap to reinforce (even with elite) and are quite good for disposing of early tanks. With artillery backing, a PaK50 can often withstand T34/40 well enough to finish them next turn, or at least to allow another tank to do so. I used them up to Demyansk Pocket in defensive roles (as they were designed for) and have two 3* units waiting until Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger are available. If I had a +1 movement hero I might even consider upgrading my PaK 50 to a 75 or 88 to accumulate another hero while I wait.

Return to “Panzer Corps”