Panzer Corps Grand Finale: a DLC and an update!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Panzer Corps Grand Finale: a DLC and an update!

Post by ThvN » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:13 am

Nordlands wrote:HELP :)

Im not seeing any of th V1 or V2 in my games hence i cannot win decisive.
anyone else having this issue
hope to get some hints :)
Nordlands, are you perhaps playing with a mod, or a modded equipment file? GC '45 West comes with the 1.13 update as standard so they should be visible. Do you see any V1's in the first scenario (St. Vith)? Otherwise you could try to re-patch the game with 1.13.

Wiber
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Wiber » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:43 am

Hello,
Just wanted to say thanks to the creators and the community for a simply excellent game. I am up to DLC 41 and have just decided to restart because now I finally know how almost everything works (and of course there is an upgrade to install). This forum is a great tool with loads of useful information. Many thanks, keep up the good work, 10/10. :D

Triggerhappy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Triggerhappy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:26 am

ThvN wrote:
Nordlands wrote:HELP :)

Im not seeing any of th V1 or V2 in my games hence i cannot win decisive.
anyone else having this issue
hope to get some hints :)
Nordlands, are you perhaps playing with a mod, or a modded equipment file? GC '45 West comes with the 1.13 update as standard so they should be visible. Do you see any V1's in the first scenario (St. Vith)? Otherwise you could try to re-patch the game with 1.13.
I have exactly the same problem. No V-weapons in sight. Clean installation of Panzer Corps, Afrika Corps and all DLCs. No mods. I didn't see any buzz bombs in St. Vith either but I thought that I had maybe moved too fast and won the scenario before they arrived. Hm ...

Nordlands

Post by Nordlands » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:13 pm

I have clean download nothing else, i see no V1 in first scenario or anywhere else later.
ill try to repatch the 1.13.

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Triggerhappy and Nordlands, my advice is to post your issue with the V1's in the 'Tech support' section, if you need any help. I'm not a member of staff, but they are very helpful, and will be able to help you much better than I can: viewforum.php?f=146.

All I can say is that you could try to re-install the 1.13 patch, and start the Grand Campaign 45 West, in the first scenario (St. Vith) you should have some auxiliary V1's in the air. This is the quickest way to check if they work. You cannot buy them, so they will not appear in the purchase screen... If you use the cheat codes, you can get them in the purchase screen as well:

On the map screen, press Ctrl + Alt+ Shift + C
A small window should pop up. Enter this code: all eqp

In the purchase screen, under 'Tactical Bomber', they are the first two items. If you can see their names but the squares are empty, the icons are missing. This sort of trouble is usually caused by people (unknowingly) using a modified equipment file, that is why you could try reinstalling the patch, because this should overwrite such modified files. Good luck, and head for the 'Tech support' forum if it doesn't work, post about it there, it will be picked up quickly.

Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

Can You add in a future Patch a Entry to the "Unit commissoned:" with Name of the Unit (and Transport Vehicle, when purchased)?
UH3.jpg
UH3.jpg (49.6 KiB) Viewed 5592 times

Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 pm

I've tried to deploy Fallschirmjager as ground infantry during setup, I mean plain Fallschirmjager without any transport added to the unit.
But the switch button is not activated in the right panel.
I also tried the "W" hotkey, for switch, but it doesn't work either.
So far I can only deploy Fallschirmjager airborne in Ju-52.

I also tried to switch th FLak 36 into AT mode at setup, but it doesn't work.

Did anyone succeded in deploying paratrooper as ground troop?

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Yes, it should work. But not with the 'switch' function, I believe you have to use the button to toggle the air/ground view (hotkey: Tab). This way you should be able to 'toggle' between ground/air deployment for paratroopers (without transport). It can also be used to select between firing and moving for AAA units if there are targets in range.

Switching units doesn't work in the deployment fase, I think.

Delta66

Post by Delta66 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 am

Thank you very much for your help.
It works fine for deploying the paratrooper as infantry. However I cannot deploy the Flak 36 in AT mode.

Select the Paratrooper in the Reserve list, When you select them the game default to Air mode,
Use the Ground/Air Button, or the "TAB" hotkey, to toggle to Ground mode.
Then deploy your paratrooper to any ground hex highlighted for setup.

tmiranda

Post by tmiranda » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:46 am

For those who have the DLC's as well, can install using this order:

1. Panzer Corps 1.00
2. DLC's 39,40,41,42,43 East, 44 East and 45 East
3. Afrika Korps
4. DLC 42-43 West and 44 West
5. Patch 1.13 or DLC 45 West
Just about to get the Afrika Korps as I'm finishing up the main PzC campaign, but as I've patched it to 1.13, will I have to re-patch after the AK install?

-Tony
P.S. Thanks for bringing back this great game! I stumbled on to this about a month ago, and have been playing it ever since....looking forward to getting the Grand Campaign mega pak when it comes out as well!

Edit: for spelling
Last edited by tmiranda on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:10 am

tmiranda wrote:
Just about to get the Afrika Korps as I'm finishing up the main PzC campaign, but as I've patched it to 1.13, will I have to re-patch after the AK install?
You shouldn't have to re-patch.

chiclothe
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by chiclothe » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 am

Set russian language in settings in main menu didn't change this.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:56 am

chiclothe wrote:Set russian language in settings in main menu didn't change this.
You mean the game didn't change to Russian?

Obadiah333
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Obadiah333 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:29 pm

So I am going to get this for my birthday this month (yay!) and I need to know what games I need to install it. I have the original panzer corps and I also have Allied corps. Do I need to get Afrika Corps as well prior to the install?

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Obadiah333 wrote:So I am going to get this for my birthday this month (yay!) and I need to know what games I need to install it. I have the original panzer corps and I also have Allied corps. Do I need to get Afrika Corps as well prior to the install?
No, you can purchase it later. :P :wink:

Obadiah333
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Obadiah333 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:22 pm

So Afrika Korps is not part of the grand campaign then. Looks like I"ll have to buy it for my birthday also! Thanks for the info.

sunchangping

Post by sunchangping » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:55 am

So, in my case that I have purchased the Afrika Korps expansion, the install sequence would be: PzCorps v1.00, then AK and at last Patch v1.13?
Or is it better to install the original game, then patch it to v1.13 and then install AK and eventually any DLC (I purchased a few of them also)?

naturesheva
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by naturesheva » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:12 am

sunchangping wrote:So, in my case that I have purchased the Afrika Korps expansion, the install sequence would be: PzCorps v1.00, then AK and at last Patch v1.13?
Or is it better to install the original game, then patch it to v1.13 and then install AK and eventually any DLC (I purchased a few of them also)?
I think the install sequence would be: PzCorps v1.00, then DLCs (if you have purchased),then AK, and at last Patch v1.21.

Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 am

As a general way on installing i would say it's (simply skip stuff you do not own): PC Wehrmacht -> PC Afrika Korps -> PC Allied Corps -> DLCs (order doesn't matter, if you got the mega pack and some single versions only install the mega pack) -> latest patch.

Installing the base game and the expansions simply in chronological order as their version rise that way consistently. The DLC require certain patch levels which they patch to if the game they are being installed on is lower. They differ from DLC to DLC but even the latest require a version lower then Allied Corps. Installing stuff this way just ensure you do not apply unnecessary patches with the DLCs and speed the installation up this way. Installing the latest patch always last make sure everything you installed before will be updated to the newest version.

Dickon

Post by Dickon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:56 pm

I am a new player to Panzer Corps but I did play quite a bit of Panzer General back in the old days.

My problem with the random number generator of the game is that it is too random at times.

Assuming everything is equal, and taking a basic 10 vs 10 then the following is my problem.

If the predictor is says "2:0" then in the spirit of accepting a bit of randomness then I can accept any scores from "0-1" against me to "3:0" in my favour - but when it says that I should kick their butts like "5:0" then anything worse than "3:2" is extremely remote.

Now, taking the fact that I have about 30 units, and that each round it is unlikely that more than half my units will be in combats, assuming that only 1% of the results will be extremely remote it would be fair to think that I would only have to suffer about 1 dodgy result every 6 rounds, but in my experience I am getting them almost every round - which is way more than extremely remote.

Return to “Panzer Corps”