Panzer Corps Grand Finale: a DLC and an update!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Panzer Corps Grand Finale: a DLC and an update!

Post by Tarrak »

Yes the randomness can be crazy at times but to be honest Panzer General was exactly same in that regard. Actually it was even worse as initiative played a lot bigger role in there so if you unexpectedly lost the ini roll you suddenly faced instead of a predicted 6:0 something like 2:6 especially in air combat. If it's bothering you to much tho and you are playing the PC version of Panzer Corps there is a way to help you. Under advanced options you can set the randomness of the combat to level you like. You got following options:

Combat Random (Chance):
Normal - There is a chance that the prediction is considerably off and you are either lucky or unlucky. The possible deviation could be as high as 100%.
Limited - There is a chance that the prediction is somewhat off, but not by more than 20%.
None - Everything happens as predicted. Random chance only occurs with Rugged Defense.

Sadly if you are playing on the IPadm the advanced settings there are not implemented yet so you will have to wait for a patch to deliver it.
Dickon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Dickon »

Hmm, well I downloaded my version from the main website so no idea which version it is, but I can't see any advanced setting anywhere so I guess I have to wait for the patch.

For the record, the latest result almost had me throwing my laptop against a wall.

Barbarossa - Strength 12 SE Panzer IIIH verses a partially encircled 9 strength T-26 with 2 already suppressed from previous artillery fire.
Expected casualty reports is 8:1 in my favour ... almost a complete whitewash ... actual result 6:6 - WTF !!!

As I almost never go into any combat if the odds are not in my favour and equally almost never if I am going to take that amount of damage in a single attack ( as this leaves it incredibly vulnerable to being counter attacked before I could repair it back to near full strength ) this combat result is so extremely remote that I would barely expected to see it once an entire campaign, let alone once a round.

Whatever needs to be done please do so, as I think that with almost endless bad weather, computer AI being able to pick out and strafe units well beyond their limited visible range and having to complete many scenarios decisively in order to take the right campaign tree this game is fast going from enjoyable and reminiscing to damn frustrating.

Many thanks
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

Luck is a moody lady!

I already got used to these crazy battle outcomes. The unexpected is something what I don’t want to miss on the battlefield, because it nicely throws strategies out of the window and requires changes to plans to wriggle you out of it again. I can’t remember how often I got lucky with randomness too, where e.g. a good core unit’s destruction was more than certain. I''ve seen both sides of the (random) medal, therefore, I don't complain anymore.
Have a plan. Have a backup plan, because the first one won't work. :mrgreen:
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Dickon wrote:Hmm, well I downloaded my version from the main website so no idea which version it is, but I can't see any advanced setting anywhere so I guess I have to wait for the patch.
If you are playing on the PC just apply the latest patch. Either use the launcher or download it here: ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/PanzerCor ... e-v122.zip.

Then when you are starting a new game there should be an advanced tab on the options screen. See here:
If you are already in a campaign and don't want to restart it you can use the difficulty button on the end scenario screen to access the same options shown above and change it there.
Dickon

Post by Dickon »

Many thanks - I did download the update and now use limited randomness as Chess is a bit cheesy but honestly I was almost at my wits end. Also think that the reform unit option is interesting and the only pain is that is loses all its experience so still not really an option I would go for unless the hero's were great or it was an almost a new unit anyway.

Return to “Panzer Corps”