Panzer Corps goes Greenlight

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps goes Greenlight

Post by Philkian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Slitherine (http://www.slitherine.com) announced today it is launching a call to arms for all fans of the Panzer Corps series to help bring this masterpiece to the Steam distribution system.

Steam Greenlight has the potential to reach a complete new audience of strategy fans and help us spread the word. This move fits well with Slitherine's double edged approach: on one hand to develop and nurture the wargaming community by developing very specialized products and in the other expanding the audience with more accessible and popular titles on an increasing number of platforms.

“We realize the incredible potential of Steam to break the boundaries of our special interest audience and expand into the mass market.” Said JD McNeil, Chairman of the Slitherine Group. “Panzer Corps is by far the best suited product to achieve this result and has been the Slitherine Group’s best selling title over the past year".

To support the game, fans will have to vote here.

The Panzer Corps series landed on PC in July 2011, taking the strategy and wargaming markets by storm. With a stand-alone expansion and a 10 Grand Campaigns composed of 120 missions, the game has sold over 200,000 units worldwide and has been defined as "nothing short of brilliant" and a "hexagon dream", by the press.

Victor_K
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Panzer Corps goes Greenlight

Post by Victor_K » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Glad you were able to get Stream to Greenlight it. Hopefully enough of us will vote to have it brought on to Steam.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm

It's all down to you guys now. Many of you have asked for this so put your vote where your mouth is! :)

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:39 pm

To paraphrase Roy Scheider - we're gonna need a bigger server... :)

Cheers

Pip

P.S. Go vote for it!

Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I allready byed all Panzer Corps, AK and DLC's. Hope i get free Steam Codes for them if you bring they all an Steam if i support there? :)

doc99
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by doc99 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Done..and if this was New York ,I'd vote again...and if it was Chicago,I'd vote tonight....you people deserve it

Uhu
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Uhu » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Surely I will vote for you guys too!
But one world: please retest and redo the scenarios of the vanilla campaign because since the patches there are in some cases huge differences. As I already mentioned in another forum in the Overlord scn it is not possible to make a DV because the AI creates swarms of Canadian inf which looks like not only ridiculous but as the Germans didn't have the atomic bomb they simply cannot been all destroyed to gaining the victory conditions.
I would not be not happy if a new player who bought the game fresh on Steam would encounter with this issue. I would suggest if the Steam-project gets green light all the vanilla scenarios would re retested and redone (making message boxes and scripts would be really nice).

OK, also a 2nd one. :)
Please make a more harder difficulty level for the Grand Campaign series because it is so boooring easy - even on Rommel. :cry: (Where the surprise is that the vanilla campaign is on Rommel real hard!)

Philkian wrote:Slitherine (http://www.slitherine.com) announced today it is launching a call to arms for all fans of the Panzer Corps series to help bring this masterpiece to the Steam distribution system.

Steam Greenlight has the potential to reach a complete new audience of strategy fans and help us spread the word. This move fits well with Slitherine's double edged approach: on one hand to develop and nurture the wargaming community by developing very specialized products and in the other expanding the audience with more accessible and popular titles on an increasing number of platforms.

“We realize the incredible potential of Steam to break the boundaries of our special interest audience and expand into the mass market.” Said JD McNeil, Chairman of the Slitherine Group. “Panzer Corps is by far the best suited product to achieve this result and has been the Slitherine Group’s best selling title over the past year".

To support the game, fans will have to vote here.

The Panzer Corps series landed on PC in July 2011, taking the strategy and wargaming markets by storm. With a stand-alone expansion and a 10 Grand Campaigns composed of 120 missions, the game has sold over 200,000 units worldwide and has been defined as "nothing short of brilliant" and a "hexagon dream", by the press.
Last edited by Uhu on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhivago
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Zhivago » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 pm

How about giving your loyal PzC fanbase (like me) a preview on future incarnations of Panzer Corps (Allied Corps) or whatever? What do I have to look forward to from Slitherine and Lordz in the future? Now that Panzer Corps is done, is there anything new to look forward in the tank? NEWS PLEASE!

Reotahikid
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Reotahikid » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Excellent news! I for one can't wait to rebuy it on Steam if it gets greenlit. I've already placed my vote and shared it with all the people I think might be interested.

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Of course I voted for Panzer Corps and recommended it to everyone I know on Google+, Facebook and elsewhere.

I hope there is a way to recognize and honor that many players here already bought Panzer Corps, Afrika Korps and every DLC when it gets released on Steam.

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:09 am

This means that we would not be able to buy & download content related to this game in the till now usual straightforward way? (pay by credit card, receiving the link and serial, and dowload).
I heard about a lot of people complaining about other games being distributed by Steam.
Last edited by guille1434 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 am

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 am

guille1434 wrote:This means that we would not be able to buy & download content related to this game in the till now usual straightforward way? (pay by credit card, receiving the link and serial, and dowload).
I heard a lot of people complainig about other games being distributed by Steam.
There are no plans to make the game Steam exclusive, meaning you will be able to buy the game and all DLCs directly from us if you wish.

Cheers

Pip

guille1434
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by guille1434 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:40 am

That is the answer I wanted to read about!!! Thanks Pip! Long Live Panzer Corps!

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:27 am

We have no plans to go exclusive with anything on Steam. We've been doing digital delivery of games long before Steam and have no intention of stopping :)

doc99

Post by doc99 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:21 pm

All right --time to man-up.....we are helping out with GreenLight,how about some info of that little teaser that was dropped about a month ago on a new Panzer Corps-like title that's in the works.....common--TALK :D

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:26 pm

All will be revealed soon!

Zhivago

Post by Zhivago » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

IainMcNeil wrote:All will be revealed soon!
I hope so--I have made quite an investment in this company! I have bought every installment of Panzer Corps (including all of the DVD copies). Time for the future plans to be revealed!

doc99

Post by doc99 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:36 am

......one.....just one...stinking...little .......hint......

euramer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by euramer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:46 am

I have got already a "Steam game" and can't say that I am satisfied with the process: First, the game doesn't work if the internet link goes down for any reason which has given a various number of middle parties crash with no save; Second "Steam" use my precious banwidth (the ADSL I use is completely crowded at certain times) forcing a "Portal" not necessary for the game with numerous update. Third they give to their process all "system rights" which is a security issue, Fourth when I bought the game I was only notified that it will be downloaded using Steam only after I had paid it ... Altogether not a good experience. I really prefer Slitherine approach.

Return to “Panzer Corps”