Panzer Corps goes Greenlight

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Panzer Corps goes Greenlight

Post by FOARP » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 am

My guess is they'll let us know when they know themselves. If you look at the games that do get green-lit, they include a lot of trashy straight-to-discount minigames, so it doesn't look hard to get greenlit per se.

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Dragoon. » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 am

Should the game be picked up at April 17th I would love to take a look at your Greenlight voting chart. Like this one here from Battle Worlds: Kronus

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:58 am

Getting Greenlit is completely unknown. All you know is what % of the way you are to being in the top 100 games - which is what that graph shows. This does not mean you get selected - it doesn't mean anything. The selection process is completely opaque and there is no feedback or indication from Steam. We guess that getting to the top 100 means Steam look at the game and decide if they like it but we don't know. It's a mystery and they've admitted it doesn't work.

l3gacy
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by l3gacy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:09 am

IainMcNeil wrote:We dont really know how any of this works yet but possibly yes. `Its hard to promise anything at this stage.
Hi, after a game is greenlit the owner can request an unlimited number of codes so there is a ray of hope. If the game does get greenlit i'll buy it on steam again but the whole greenlight system is vague. :(

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 am

Seems a Battle Isle - style turn based strategy game ("Kronos") made it in the next batch of greenlit games!

That's actually good news, but it makes me rage that Panzer Corps was not greenlit. It's not only a kickstarter project, it already exists and has proven itself to be great in many reviews and by popular acclaim.

Seems like the "wargame" stigma kills it!? :(

I think there is an easy solution, all Infantry units are robots and the Tiger will become a heavy tank with twin barrel lasers and lighter tanks become hover tanks. The color palette will be intense red, blue and green. Also, all members of the Lordz and Slitherine will have to participate in a dancing promo video and don't stop mentioning how passionate you are about video games and that you played some 8-bit era hits.

Sorry, but this is really rubbing me the wrong way! :(
This is worse than the latest Star Wars movies and Disney Star Wars together.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:59 am

Speaking of Disney Star Wars...

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 36926.html

Who knows though, Disney was also behind The Avengers, and that turned out really well!

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MrsWargamer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Walt is long dead like Roddenberry.

Today the name is just a brand, and that brand has incredibly deep pockets.

It's the same as how Avalon Hill and TSR are just names now. The reality is they are owned by Hasbro, aka Hasborg, and they will crush you into the dirt of your forget it.

Think EA has muscle? try offending Hasborg. No one survives and encounter with this monstrosity.

doc99
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by doc99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Hell with it.....just march on

EuroBoss

Post by EuroBoss » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 pm

So if this gets the green light will i still be able to activate my old serial via steam?

Muddy

Post by Muddy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:53 am

You have to look on the bright side, at least the remake of BattleIsle made it through Greenlight. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =136266863

Return to “Panzer Corps”