Logistics (PzC 2)

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

MikeAP
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Logistics (PzC 2)

Post by MikeAP » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 pm

I think we can take a lesson from Unity of Command, in showing the importance of logistical lines (roads). In PzC current state, logistics aren't heavily penalized. Units can resupply as long as they have one zone of control remaining (I believe?). Regardless, units have free roam without a major penalization to their supply.

If you haven't played Unity of Command, I would highly suggest it, as it utilizes some interesting game mechanics. Roads are crucial to supplying units, and the further from main roads that a unit travels, the less likely it will be supplied.

As seen above. A road network maintains a full supply. Each hex off road will display its supply status. Once a unit goes beyond the # hexes it will be out of supply and suffer.

I think this concept would work well in PzC and would love to see it implemented in 2.0

deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Logistics (PzC 2)

Post by deducter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:57 pm

MikeAP wrote: In PzC current state, logistics aren't heavily penalized. Units can resupply as long as they have one zone of control remaining (I believe?).
In the current game mechanics, a unit can resupply and reinforce up to 66% of its maximum if there is one adjacent enemy, 33% if there are two, and 0 if there are 3 or more. Resupply (but not reinforcement) is also halved in certain terrain like desert, and halved in bad weather (although being in a flagged city hex eliminates this penalty).

MikeAP

Post by MikeAP » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:12 pm

Ah ok. Thats good to know.

Still though - the UoC model is much more realistic in terms of keeping supply lines open as well as securing vital roadways.

soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:57 pm

I posted a few times hoping the supply feature would be a little more detailed this time around and quite liked the idea of having it slightly impacted the further out from friendly towns you were (even in good weather) but it was left changed from PG. Supply takes on extreme importance in UoC and your whole advance will stop cold if you havn't secured your supply lines. While i wouldn't want to see to many extra logistical features added to Panzer Corps I certainly think there's room for the basic military premise, that it is tougher to supply at the end of an advance than it is next to the depot.

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:49 am

The AI is too weak. It will only enhance the player.

Unless there was a different engine that drive the AI the AI will have no idea what to do with that type of supply.
It will only react. Never plan to cut off supply.

I think supply emanating from cities with the ability to modify it in the editor for each city would be much better for the AI.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:42 am

UoC is a different game. What works well there will not necessarily work in Panzer Corps. In case of supply, I would rather expect the opposite.

Return to “Panzer Corps”