Patch 1.20

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

HunterHH
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Patch 1.20

Post by HunterHH » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 pm

I think this time i really found a bug. I had the Crusader AA Tank underneath my SE Spitfire when a BF110 flew next to it and didnt do anything. so it was just 1 hex away, but the Crusader AA could not shoot at it, even with Range 2, i had to move it right underneath the BF110 to shoot at it. That was a bit surprising and not expected at all...
edit: the map was "the cauldron" imo.

Maybe off topic: i somehow miss the AEC Scout ingame, is that correct?
And for the germans, it would be nice to see the Kugelblitz to appear in the game sometimes to be next to the Maus ;) .

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Re AA, did you see viewtopic.php?f=121&t=43016

If you can solve the issue the same way all is fine.

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Not sure I understand this now.

I have a GC game running, I have a savegame at the end of the last turn so I can access the victory screen to change stuff for the next scenario. Will I be able (with the new exe) to play with the new ruleset? Or is that completely impossible without restarting a game? If so, will I be able to play with the new ruleset when I start the next GC even if I import my core from the previous GC? A bit confused here now.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:13 pm

You'll have to wait. There will be a new exe for download. Alex told me that
The new EXE fixes all the advanced options (custom difficulty, randomness, reform units), except the gamerules switch. And the reason for that is, all DLCs use their own gamerules.pzdat files. As things stand now, it is not possible to play GC with new 1.20 rules.
So you'll have to wait a little longer before there's a fix for playing GC with the new rules.

Ballermann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Ballermann » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:23 pm

There is a new trait "backfire" how does it ?
Sorry, for my bad school english...

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Anything new about my problem with the replay function?

Thanks in advance! :)
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Ballermann wrote:There is a new trait "backfire" how does it ?
Turns the unit before firing. It's used in some of the new units like Deacon.
It's a graphical trait.

Rood
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Rood » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:41 pm

VPaulus wrote:You'll have to wait. There will be a new exe for download. Alex told me that
The new EXE fixes all the advanced options (custom difficulty, randomness, reform units), except the gamerules switch. And the reason for that is, all DLCs use their own gamerules.pzdat files. As things stand now, it is not possible to play GC with new 1.20 rules.
So you'll have to wait a little longer before there's a fix for playing GC with the new rules.
And what if I copy the missing parts from the 1.20 gamerules.pzdat to each of the gamerules.pzdat files DLC's?
Will that not work or is it also something else?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Rood wrote:And what if I copy the missing parts from the 1.20 gamerules.pzdat to each of the gamerules.pzdat files DLC's?
Yes, it will work. But it is a messy solution of course, and you'll have to revert it back when the problem is fixed in game code.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

fliegenderstaub wrote:Addendum: After installing the new "exe", I finished Lodz, changed the advanced options and played Piatek. Now I wanted to view my victory, but the replay stops during my first turn. Units were also placed on the wrong hexes and doing false moves. Lodz the same, Danzig and Posen replays are still working correctly. Strange, isn't it? Anything to do with the new "exe"?
Unlikely related to the new EXE, it did not change anything in replay system at all. If any replay does not work, post it on the forum or to my email (rudankort@rsdn.ru) and I'll investigate.

KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Rood wrote:And what if I copy the missing parts from the 1.20 gamerules.pzdat to each of the gamerules.pzdat files DLC's?
Yes, it will work. But it is a messy solution of course, and you'll have to revert it back when the problem is fixed in game code.
Just for confirmation here. If we do this (copy the missing content to the DLC gamerules.pzdat files) and use the new exe, that will solve all problems for now?
If so we can simply put the exe plus the changed files in a mod folder and use JSGME to enable this hotfix. JSGME will allow us to roll that back then before the next patch. Would that be the best solution for now?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:13 pm

KeldorKatarn wrote:Just for confirmation here. If we do this (copy the missing content to the DLC gamerules.pzdat files) and use the new exe, that will solve all problems for now?
If so we can simply put the exe plus the changed files in a mod folder and use JSGME to enable this hotfix. JSGME will allow us to roll that back then before the next patch. Would that be the best solution for now?
Just copying new entries to DLC's gamerules will allow you to play with new rules, but UI switch will still not work. To make it work, you probably need to copy both gamerules and gamerules114 files from main game to each DLC, and then fix both files to include DLC-specific settings (hero kill requirements). While possible, I don't really recommend this solution, because it is quite a complex workaround, and many things can go wrong in the process. I'm working on a better solution, stay tuned.

KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Ok cool :) If you need anyone to test some stuff out let us know :)

Rosseau

Post by Rosseau » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 am

I can't think of another game with as much diverse content running under the same engine. Amazing, despite a few temporary glitches. Must try Allied Corp now.

Obadiah333
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Obadiah333 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:56 am

So I tried downloading the patch about 7 times... at 20 minutes a pop and still never worked. Also, the zip file stops at 99%. A mirror site, anything, anywhere else I can download it?

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:20 am

You are downloading at a peak time.

Try off hours. There are several thousand players trying to DL now.

Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:46 am

Moar Amazon EC2 cloud and less strict auto scaling on release day.

Muddy

Post by Muddy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:08 am

I was wanting to play the 1.20 rules with my grand campaign, but I read here that its broken. Will there be a patch or something?

Rood

Post by Rood » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:14 am

Yes there will be a patch, don't know when, but it's in the works.

I was trying to manually copy/edit some gamerules files but that's not really working well when you have Windows Vista :(

Muddy

Post by Muddy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:28 am

I knew there was something wrong. I changed the rules including a few extra turns, but straight away I noticed that my options had not gone over to the game.

Return to “Panzer Corps”