Patch 1.20

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

2010sjones2010
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Patch 1.20

Post by 2010sjones2010 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Just played as FM and the unit turned up again. I can understand you not wanting to play with the enhanced heroes but sadly you only get 127 credits for disbanding it. Also only one hero slot is used for +3 movement and +3 initiative so it will be interesting to find out if you get four hero enhancements instead of three when it has been fully enhanced

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:08 pm

My guess is you still get 3 heroes. So if the first hero has 2 enhancements you indeed end up with 4. But keep in mind, not all special heros have enhancements. Some have 2 bonuses and 1 malus to make up for it. That turns those units into very specialized units and makes it interesting. So not all of them are superheroes.

Magic1111
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Magic1111 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm

VPaulus wrote:Image
I have a question in regarding to the screenshot...

Let us assume, I choose on "Basic-Tab" in the Beginning of a new game the global Difficulty Level "Colonel". When I now go to the "Advanced-Tab" and let the "Custom Difficulty" Box unchecked, then I play the old (normally) global Colonel Level in game, right?

It means, the new option "Custom difficulty" is only there, that we can set our global selected Difficulty Level on "Basic Tab" a little bit more finer >> "Fine-Tuning" for the global selected difficulty Level.

Did I understand this function corrcet?

KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:22 pm

I think so yes, but I had already pointed out to the devs that it would probably be better that even if the box is unchecked the sliders always represent the difficulty that is selected, so if you select a default difficulty the sliders should at least automatically move to represent that difficulty so going to the advanced screen doesn't make you second guess whether the sliders (all in middle position) might override what you just selected. That's bad UI design at the moment I think and should be adjusted since it confuses the players obviously.

Maybe another thing that could be fixed in the upcoming patch?

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 am

KeldorKatarn wrote:Maybe another thing that could be fixed in the upcoming patch?
Thx for explanation, and yes, that´s a good idea! :)

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 am

Change History:
v1.20 – June 6th, 2013
Gameplay

* Initiative heroes are limited to +1 bonus
Question to the above new hero gameplay change:

What about the "Special-Heroes" or "Random-Heroes" on any unit that I´ve actually in my Core (I started the DLC´s with v1.14 as base) when they have a current Initiative-Bonus for example +2 or +3, and when I now continue the DLC´s with v1.20 and the new rules on? Do the "downgrade" from current Initiative-Bonus e.g. +2 or +3 to limited Initiative-Bonus only +1 too?

Or is this new "Initiatve-Bonus Limitation Feature" only for new, forthcoming "Initiative-Bonus" Heroes under Patch v1.20?

**Little Note**

I´ve edit the DLC gamerule Files for myself, so that the new Rules work for me with the DLC´s, therefore the above question!

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 am

Magic1111 wrote:
Change History:
v1.20 – June 6th, 2013
Gameplay

* Initiative heroes are limited to +1 bonus
Question to the above new hero gameplay change:

What about the "Special-Heroes" or "Random-Heroes" on any unit that I´ve actually in my Core (I started the DLC´s with v1.14 as base) when they have a current Initiative-Bonus for example +2 or +3, and when I now continue the DLC´s with v1.20 and the new rules on? Do the "downgrade" from current Initiative-Bonus e.g. +2 or +3 to limited Initiative-Bonus only +1 too?

Or is this new "Initiatve-Bonus Limitation Feature" only for new, forthcoming "Initiative-Bonus" Heroes under Patch v1.20?

**Little Note**

I´ve edit the DLC gamerule Files for myself, so that the new Rules work for me with the DLC´s, therefore the above question!
Looking at how it works I guess it will work only for new random heroes
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 am

Borsook wrote: ...
I guess it will work only for new random heroes
Okay, thx, but is there anyone that who knows my question to 100% exactly? :?:

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 am

Magic1111 wrote:
Borsook wrote: ...
I guess it will work only for new random heroes
Okay, thx, but is there anyone that who knows my question to 100% exactly? :?:
Well, it will affect new random heroes for 100%, it can't affect the special heroes, and as for old random heroes you already have, why don't you just load your save and see?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:35 am

Borsook wrote:why don't you just load your save and see?
Because actually I´m a few days not at home, therefore I can´t test it for myself, but this point is important for me when I continue the DLC´s... :wink:

Okay, very helpful answer! Thx! :D

And you´re sure, that the "Special-Heroes", that we become since Patch v1.14, are not affected from the Limitiation of Initiative?

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 am

Magic1111 wrote:
Borsook wrote:why don't you just load your save and see?
Because actually I´m a few days not at home, therefore I can´t test it for myself, but this point is important for me when I continue the DLC´s... :wink:

Okay, very helpful answer! Thx! :D

And you´re sure, that the "Special-Heroes", that we become since Patch v1.14, are not affected from the Limitiation of Initiative?
ATM the new rule set does not work with DLC because they use separate files, I do not know how the devs plan to work this out, so, not sure, we will see when the new patch/hotfix comes out. :) But if you're just using file merging the old heroes should be fine. BTW personally I'd like the special heroes to be nerfed, as they are they are too powerful.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 am

I am pretty sure that the +1 Initiative limitation will only affect random heroes. Take Helmut Lent (Initiative +6) for example. What would become of him if the Initiative got reduced?

Anyway, I like the new heroes. I am just starting a DLC-Campaign on Rommel (I am at Warsaw right now, just waiting or the new rules be be applied to the DLCs - biting my fingernails... :mrgreen: ). There these heroes come in quite handy. For me there is no need for the heroes to be nerfed. No one really has to use them. Just sell or don't use them. :wink:
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:49 am

fliegenderstaub wrote:I am pretty sure that the +1 Initiative limitation will only affect random heroes. Take Helmut Lent (Initiative +6) for example. What would become of him if the Initiative got reduced?

Anyway, I like the new heroes. I am just starting a DLC-Campaign on Rommel (I am at Warsaw right now, just waiting or the new rules be be applied to the DLCs - biting my fingernails... :mrgreen: ). There these heroes come in quite handy. For me there is no need for the heroes to be nerfed. No one really has to use them. Just sell or don't use them. :wink:
In the same way it can be said "just don't play on Rommel". Those heroes break the balance of normal difficulty settings. I have nothing against them being different and a bit better, but +6 compared to all other heroes having +1??? That's just overkill.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Borsook wrote:
fliegenderstaub wrote:I am pretty sure that the +1 Initiative limitation will only affect random heroes. Take Helmut Lent (Initiative +6) for example. What would become of him if the Initiative got reduced?

In the same way it can be said "just don't play on Rommel". Those heroes break the balance of normal difficulty settings. I have nothing against them being different and a bit better, but +6 compared to all other heroes having +1??? That's just overkill.
Of course, nobody is forced to play on Rommel. I've played Rommel and Guderian in the past, but using the special heroes eases it up a bit in my opinion, especially in the beginning. Nobody is obliged to use the special heroes anyway. It is just an option as well as the difficulty level... :wink
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 pm

To get it back on topic is there any ETA for 1.20 GC hotfix? I'd love to play it with new rules...

Rood
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Rood » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:08 am

Magic1111 wrote:[...]I´ve edit the DLC gamerule Files for myself, so that the new Rules work for me with the DLC´s, therefore the above question!
Magic1111 managed to get the new rules to work with the DLC's by editing them, I did start with that but with Windows Vista it is a major pain to edit files in the Program Files directory so I gave up.

Maybe Magic will be kind enough to tell us what he did, I believe it's a question of adding the new/missing entries from the gamerules.pzdat to each gamerules file in each DLC folder and copy the gamerules114 file to each dir aswell but Rudankort also mentioned (somewhere in this topic) that more may be required.

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 am

Rood wrote:
Magic1111 wrote:[...]I´ve edit the DLC gamerule Files for myself, so that the new Rules work for me with the DLC´s, therefore the above question!
Magic1111 managed to get the new rules to work with the DLC's by editing them, I did start with that but with Windows Vista it is a major pain to edit files in the Program Files directory so I gave up.

Maybe Magic will be kind enough to tell us what he did, I believe it's a question of adding the new/missing entries from the gamerules.pzdat to each gamerules file in each DLC folder and copy the gamerules114 file to each dir aswell but Rudankort also mentioned (somewhere in this topic) that more may be required.
You don't have to browse the files using windows explorer, I've been using Total commander since the 90s and don't care about the windows version I use. :)

But seriously - try winmerge - an app that will let you easily compare the files and add the missing parts to the DLC's rulesets.

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 am

Rood wrote:Maybe Magic will be kind enough to tell us what he did, I believe it's a question of adding the new/missing entries from the gamerules.pzdat to each gamerules file in each DLC folder and copy the gamerules114 file to each dir aswell but Rudankort also mentioned (somewhere in this topic) that more may be required.
Two steps needed:

1.) We need to use the "Patch-1.20 .exe" that Rudankort posted higher above in this Thread.

2.) I put via copy & paste the two NEW "gamerule-files" (gamerules.pzdat and gamerules114) from data Folder in Main-Directory first on desktop for edit, because in DLC´s there is more kills needed to become a hero as in "Main-Campaign". Therefore it is required, the "Hero-Kills-Section" from old "DLC-gamerules-Files" via copy & paste to edit in both new gamerules files. After that I put the both gamerules files from desktop to each GCxx\data folder.

That´s all! :)

Magic1111

Post by Magic1111 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:32 am

Borsook wrote:To get it back on topic is there any ETA for 1.20 GC hotfix? I'd love to play it with new rules...
Yes, good question! I´m looking forward too....! :D

Muddy

Post by Muddy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:25 am

I'm waiting patiently for the fix so I can start a new DLC campaign. Looks like there's a bit more to it than merging a couple of files.

Return to “Panzer Corps”