Patch 1.20

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Patch 1.20

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:38 pm

We announced at our press event that Flashback Studios & the Lordz Games studio are working on Armageddon so he also has that to contend with!

Alex is uploading a beta patch to me which we'll work on tomorrow and get it out ASAP.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank you!

milliethedog
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by milliethedog » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 am

like a number of other people I am awaiting the 1.2 patch, since this patch fundimentaly changes the game it seems to me that I basically get a new version of all my PC games to replay ... hours days and weeks of fun. the changes just to entrenchment will by itself make the game very different. This being the case and the amount of work required to make this upgrade "is there a case that we should be paying for this Patch" this is something I would not normally do, but I get a new series of games from this. Normal patches fix bugs etc, this changes the basics of the game. Just a thought ! I do wonder at the amount of pressure we as a group are putting on the very small team to produce this patch and we all want it now. I am not sure I would want the volume of email on my work computer everyday clambering for me to work faster. I am very greatfull for the team producing PC. I have loved this game and will play it for years more.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 am

We certainly wont be charging for patches. We would only charge if there was new content. We try to split content and features out where possible so we can continue to support the games for years after release without the need for you to keep spending, but by offering enough cool new stuff that we hope you'll buy the new content. We wont force you to buy it to get the updates from the patch.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 pm

It's fixing something that didn't work properly...that's not something I'd pay for. I do appreciate that the SlitheryOnes do bother with all the patches! The gaming graveyard is filled with what's left of companies that wouldn't!!!

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:12 pm

In case you did not look there, 1.21 beta is out:

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=44177
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

milliethedog

Post by milliethedog » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Just downloaded it , thanks for the heads up!

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by captainjack » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:33 am

this is more about 1.21 but I couldn't find a better place to post it without starting a new thread. Any suggestions on a better home for it appreciated.

Under 1.21, there was supposed to be a class specific bonus for Infantry of +2SA for experience. This only appears to work for standard infantry rather than all Infantry types (so my Engineers, Commandos and HW infantry in AC only get +1). I can't see the logic of this and think it should be like it says on the label and work for all Infantry types - after all it works across the board for AA and AT.

Incidentally, while I do like the AT benefit, you probably could justify one or more of slightly higher initiative or faster gain of entrenchment. From what I've read, some of the best tank kills stats were from experienced AT units, and the smaller AT (Hetzer) were effective because they couldn't be seen and hit as easily as a full sized tank.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the +2 class bonus for AAA is too high. In Allied Corps, you have relatively limited ground forces and rely more on air power. A 5* fighter, tac bomber or Strat bomber can be totally destroyed by a single3* 88 and a mobile 3* AA unit, which is a bit OTT. Sure 3* is good but my 5* crews are supposedly better - you fly into a flak zone on a scouting mission, sure you're going to be shot up quite badly, losing 13 to 15 STR in two hits seems wrong. Form control L , limited as it is for enemy attacks, this was not purely by unfortunate bad luck.

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:53 am

captainjack wrote:this is more about 1.21 but I couldn't find a better place to post it without starting a new thread. Any suggestions on a better home for it appreciated.
Since it's about 1.21 and not 1.20 why not start a new threat?

Good point about infantry btw.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Hmm I don't remember about any plans to give infantry units +2SA per star. They all get +1. They do get a bonus of +1 to all defense ratings, including close defense, per star. Other ground units do not get such a bonus.

As for AA units, they were always marginally useful in this game, so I thought making them stronger, at least in their primary role, was a good idea. Air force, on the other hand, looks almost OP in this game, so the fact that you need to plan air missions more carefuuly does not sound so bad either?

captainjack
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by captainjack » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi Rudankort,
Thanks for the explanation.

Definitely my mistake on the infantry. I was sure I'd seen a report saying +2Sa for Infantry class as one of the changes I most likely misread a combat report which looked like it supported my (mistaken) memory and then couldn't find the change log yesterday.

As for the AA, I understand the argument for the change, but I've probably moaned about it quite enough, so no more from me on that - and as mentioned I do like the AT change and think you could go further.

Return to “Panzer Corps”