Custom and Advanced Difficulty Settings

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Bez89
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Custom and Advanced Difficulty Settings

Post by Bez89 »

Thanks very detailed and helpful!!!
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

A DV is the last Afrika Korps mission does the same btw. That's how I unlocked them.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
Trifler
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Trifler »

Updated for 1.21. Thanks for incorporating my suggestion to have the Custom Difficulty screen update to reflect the difficulty setting chosen on the Basic tab. :)
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Trifler wrote:Updated for 1.21.
Thx for update Trifler! :D
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Trifler wrote:Updated for 1.21. Thanks for incorporating my suggestion to have the Custom Difficulty screen update to reflect the difficulty setting chosen on the Basic tab. :)
There's an error in the original post. It mentioned you can sell a "reformed unit" if it has no heroes. That won't work. Zero strength units don't give you any prestige when dismissed.

Also I think this line should be clarified "Entrenchment gives 2x defense bonus against ranged attacks"
I never liked that in the patch notes as it is not 100% clear. 2x means what? 2 times what?
I think the line should say: Entrenchment give 2 points of defense bonus per entrenchment level against ranged attacks.
otherwise people might thing your defense is doubled if you are entrenched or something like that.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
Trifler

Post by Trifler »

KeldorKatarn wrote: There's an error in the original post. It mentioned you can sell a "reformed unit" if it has no heroes. That won't work. Zero strength units don't give you any prestige when dismissed.

Also I think this line should be clarified "Entrenchment gives 2x defense bonus against ranged attacks"
I never liked that in the patch notes as it is not 100% clear. 2x means what? 2 times what?
I think the line should say: Entrenchment give 2 points of defense bonus per entrenchment level against ranged attacks.
otherwise people might thing your defense is doubled if you are entrenched or something like that.
Regarding zero strength reformed units: That's the way it was explained in the earlier posts. I went ahead and deleted the offending sentence. I don't use Reform Units so I'll never catch any changes on my own.

+2 points of defense level per entrenchment level sounds like 2 x entrenchment level to me... Besides all I did there was copy/paste the patch notes.
1 Entrenchment: 2 points
2 Entrenchment: 4 (2 + 2) points
3 Entrenchment: 6 (2 + 2 + 2) points
etc.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

In know you copied the patch notes. I just wanted to say maybe clarify it in your post since the patch noted don't really explain it well imo. Your post is very much appreciated, don't get me wrong :)
Trifler

Post by Trifler »

KeldorKatarn wrote:In know you copied the patch notes. I just wanted to say maybe clarify it in your post since the patch noted don't really explain it well imo. Your post is very much appreciated, don't get me wrong :)
Ok. I think I found a way of wording it.
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub »

Is there a possibilty to save a custom difficulty somehow?

Thanks in advance! :)
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -
ceandersen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ceandersen »

Dear Trifler,
Thanks for your report, very good!
But a direct question, if I select the greatest difficulty not customizable (Field Marshal, right?) this is way more difficult to play or through the area of customization the difficulty I can be even more difficult?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

ceandersen wrote:But a direct question, if I select the greatest difficulty not customizable (Field Marshal, right?) this is way more difficult to play or through the area of customization the difficulty I can be even more difficult?
You can set the game to a lot more difficult setting then Field Marshal by using the custom settings. Just select Field Marshal setting and switch to the advanced options and you will see the sliders in the right position for FM. You can easily adjust from there. Be careful tho as some settings allowed may be breaking the game like for example setting prestige to 0% which means you never get any at all.
ceandersen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ceandersen »

You can set the game to a lot more difficult setting then Field Marshal by using the custom settings. Just select Field Marshal setting and switch to the advanced options and you will see the sliders in the right position for FM. You can easily adjust from there. Be careful tho as some settings allowed may be breaking the game like for example setting prestige to 0% which means you never get any at all.
ok, thanks, I think I did everything I could for the theory, now I have to go to the practice!
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

fliegenderstaub wrote:Is there a possibilty to save a custom difficulty somehow?

Thanks in advance! :)
Not officially, but you'll eventually find what level suits you and just instinctively always set it up that way.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Very informative opening post, an up for this!
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

Hi Triffler, I hereby request that you add the unlockable difficulty levels in your original post.

People keep referring to them but I'm not sure if they have different quirks or stackable misery. :)
Trifler

Post by Trifler »

KorutZelva wrote:Hi Triffler, I hereby request that you add the unlockable difficulty levels in your original post.

People keep referring to them but I'm not sure if they have different quirks or stackable misery. :)
lol When I wrote the original post, I didn't think it would take 3.5 years for someone to request it. It is now added. I looked up the methodology for unlocking them again and added that in too. :)
KorutZelva

Post by KorutZelva »

thks!
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

How is the Ultimate level unlocked, or is that something you just have to manually set up?

Thanks for letting me know
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Trifler just told me that he has never unlocked Ultimate, but he assumes finishing a mission on Rommel. Braccada has done that. Braccada did that unlock Ultimate difficulty setting?
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

goose_2 wrote:Trifler just told me that he has never unlocked Ultimate, but he assumes finishing a mission on Rommel. Braccada has done that. Braccada did that unlock Ultimate difficulty setting?

finishing Afrika Korps on Rommel did not change anything for me, but I have to admit I originally unlocked the 3 Extra Levels via regedit so maybe that broke something

but Rudankort has given some instructions how to do it

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30415

If you do not dare to mess with the regedit programm I'm pretty sure he will help you

Return to “Panzer Corps”